Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 (and other trackers) Thread Part IV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Anyone notice the flight from the UK (Eastmidlands) at the moment.

Seems to be a small aircraft doing a fair bit of circling around Shannon.

Its still up
    Maybe surveying

• Registered Users Posts: 11,762 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Its still up
    Maybe surveying

I was thinking that it was waiting for clearance to land because of the flight ban from the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭moby2101

Still there , just watching it at the minute!

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭IQO

Is there another plane surveying in the south of Dublin, D16/D14 area - which is not visible on flightradar? Just woke up from it, seems to be flying low and making a few rounds. They may just have thought a few days before Christmas, is the best time to do this?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,074 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

IQO wrote: »
    Is there another plane surveying in the south of Dublin, D16/D14 area - which is not visible on flightradar? Just woke up from it, seems to be flying low and making a few rounds. They may just have thought a few days before Christmas, is the best time to do this?

its currently keeping me awake whatever it is. dundrum area

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭comment

its currently keeping me awake whatever it is. dundrum area

Me too. It’s so noisy. Looks like three helicopters to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,074 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

heard commotion. cops are in the estate looking for someone. went out for a chat. its a police chopper

• Registered Users Posts: 13,711 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

• Registered Users Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

EI3408 Dublin to Donegal has done a U-turn. Likely weather but could be something else

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭JohnC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Are corporate jets excluded from the Covid thing? I see a jet on approach to Dublin that took off from Florida earlier today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

Are corporate jets excluded from the Covid thing? I see a jet on approach to Dublin that took off from Florida earlier today.

Ireland doesn't have a ban on flights from the US, if that's what you mean. That's a SNN diversion, by the way. https://flightaware.com/live/flight/TWY16/history/20201227/1510Z/KSUA/EINN

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭faoiarvok

What Covid thing? There’s no ban on flights from the US.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

There's a G550 on the tarmac in Kerry also atm that arrived in from New York.

Presumably it's the negative test after 5 days or else maybe whatever they're here for is classified as "essential".

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭mikel97

marno21 wrote: »
    There's a G550 on the tarmac in Kerry also atm that arrived in from New York.

Presumably it's the negative test after 5 days or else maybe whatever they're here for is classified as "essential".

They don't test.........

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭faoiarvok

mikel97 wrote: »
    They don't test.........

There’s no requirement for that from the US either as far as I can see.

There is a “request” for arrivals into the country to restrict their movements, and aircraft operators are asked to make this clear to passengers.

Whether they follow these requests is another thing entirely of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,191 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

They don't test.........
    How do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

AN 12 UR-KDM due DUB @ 1755

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

AN12 UR-CGW buzzing over Cork at 27000ft, great to hear it

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭TedR

AN 12 UR-KDM due DUB @ 1755

Any idea when that AN12 departs Dublin? thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

TedR wrote: »
    Any idea when that AN12 departs Dublin? thanks

Around midday tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭TedR

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Ciano35 wrote: »
    AN12 UR-CGW buzzing over Cork at 27000ft, great to hear it

Lovely noisy thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Monaou2

Lovely noisy thing.

Think this plane flew over Kerry recently.... was very very noisy. What’s the story with it? Seems to be flying low as well. Felt like it nearly rattled the house!

Monaou2 wrote: »
    Think this plane flew over Kerry recently.... was very very noisy. What’s the story with it? Seems to be flying low as well. Felt like it nearly rattled the house!

It's a useful aircraft for transporting loads that won't fit into other cargo aircraft, most turboprops have a max flight celling of around 30,000 feet of course this depends on winds aloft and fuel and cargo weight. The AN is quite an old aircraft designed before modern noise regulations were invented which is another reason it makes such a beautiful racket every time she graces our skies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭arccosh

it reminds me of my childhood walking home from football and hearing old noisy props (Fokkers, Saabs) when I hear the An-12

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭PinOnTheRight

Around midday tomorrow.

Now due out 1100 to Leipzig.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Sgt. Bilko 09

This flew over the house to call sign dinky lol

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Meant to post this earlier, but got distracted by other things going on here.

Its been quiet over here in recent weeks at low level, but at 14:00 this afternoon, the Dublin SAR helicopter came over the town at 1500 Ft, which is lower than usual, so the rotor noise was different to the normal blade slap that we're well used to. I checked Flightradar just to be sure, in case it was something even larger and rare, and was surprised to see that at the same time, both the Shannon and Waterford SAR machines were in the air at the same time. I'm guessing that all 3 of them were on handover flights as a result of crew changes, but I have to admit, I've never seen all 3 in the air at the same time before.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Anyone know the story on the Luftwaffe Bombardier global 5000 is doing in SNN now? Used for German gov normally.

Hardly maintenance? Or maybe refuelling for onward journey?

Advertisement