Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 (and other trackers) Thread Part IV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Yellow Dog

I am in Sligo and am used to seeing several European to USA flights passing overhead.

Today nothing, except a flight from Shannon to Atlanta which passed over heading north before heading west over the western Scottish Isles.

Took a further look and noticed a lot of flights to USA taking this route.

Would this just be due to trying to get a tail wind?

Also noticed flight in opposite direction flying south of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭HTCOne

Yellow Dog wrote: »
    I am in Sligo and am used to seeing several European to USA flights passing overhead.

Today nothing, except a flight from Shannon to Atlanta which passed over heading north before heading west over the western Scottish Isles.

Took a further look and noticed a lot of flights to USA taking this route.

Would this just be due to trying to get a tail wind?

Also noticed flight in opposite direction flying south of Ireland.

The Formidable Shield NATO exercise has been in operation the last couple of weeks which has blocked off most of the North Atlantic on certain days. It ends after this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Just sitting having a smoke near scarriff co.Clare and 2 small aircraft flew over head pretty low.
    Any ideas what they were?
    Not your standard small prop aircraft you see going around, sounded a lot more powerful , more like acrobatic aircraft?

Edit: nothing on FR either

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Does anyone else keep receiving emergency alerts from Beech Bonanza N367HP? There seem to be several per day (got my 2nd one today just now) but when I go to it it's squawking the standard VFR 1200.

Maybe they're catching 7700 as they change the dial to 1200, but it seems to happen too often for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Ilyushin76

XsApollo wrote: »
    Just sitting having a smoke near scarriff co.Clare and 2 small aircraft flew over head pretty low.
    Any ideas what they were?
    Not your standard small prop aircraft you see going around, sounded a lot more powerful , more like acrobatic aircraft?

Edit: nothing on FR either

Aircorps Pilatus PC9

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

Ilyushin76 wrote: »
    Aircorps Pilatus PC9
    Was it the same flying over Dublin1 today's (Monday) morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Fairly big plane just over Wexford town and very low biggest I've seen down that low anyway and not on flight radar. Any idea what it could have been??

Edit: From a quick Google it might have resembled an air corps casa cn235?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

Does anyone else keep receiving emergency alerts from Beech Bonanza N367HP? There seem to be several per day (got my 2nd one today just now) but when I go to it it's squawking the standard VFR 1200.

Maybe they're catching 7700 as they change the dial to 1200, but it seems to happen too often for that.

The owner's YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=N367HP

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Wonder what's the story with GB984? A DHL flight from Heathrow to Chicago, did a u-turn off the southwest coast and now flying over Cork at 15,000 feet. Training flight perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭faoiarvok

Wonder what's the story with GB984? A DHL flight from Heathrow to Chicago, did a u-turn off the southwest coast and now flying over Cork at 15,000 feet. Training flight perhaps?

Lost one navigation system, couldn’t proceed oceanic without it, turned around to Heathrow and descended to burn off excess fuel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

"AXIS11" C130 over Wexford making its way towards Shannon

• Registered Users Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Virgin Atlantic Airbus A350 from LHR just landed in Dublin...

Didn't know that was even a route then did?

Can't be a technical issue either or they'd have gone back to base...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,759 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    Virgin Atlantic Airbus A350 from LHR just landed in Dublin...

Didn't know that was even a route then did?

Can't be a technical issue either or they'd have gone back to base...

It's not a route that they operate as such, although that aircraft seems to have shuttled back and forth between LHR and DUB over recent months looking at the FR24 playback.

It could be to do with their air freight operation into Dublin from the US West Coast.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

LXFlyer wrote: »
    It could be to do with their air freight operation into Dublin from the US West Coast.

Bingo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

Virgin operate LHR-DUB-LHR a couple of times a week - cargo only.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭yrreg0850

Growler!!! wrote: »

I see SF were among the complainers.
    These were the same people who objected to RAF SAR choppers landing in Shannon when they were carrying out mercy missions on behalf of the Irish Govt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

yrreg0850 wrote: »
    These were the same people who objected to RAF SAR choppers landing in Shannon when they were carrying out mercy missions on behalf of the Irish Govt.

Interesting, would love to read about that, have you a link to when it happened?

Scroll back to post 1237 in this thread.

It’s all there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭notharrypotter

It’s all there.

Post 1237 simply states a C17 is on its way into Shannon.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=117192191&postcount=1237
    Using phone so not able to link properly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Serial complainers -in other news, water is wet.
    edit - not having a go @ yrreg0850 at all, just SF boils my p1ss

Post 1237 simply states a C17 is on its way into Shannon.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=117192191&postcount=1237
    Using phone so not able to link properly.

Sorry I should have been clearer. Start at post 1237 and read the posts that follow on from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

C130 N402LC north of Waterford inbound Shannon.

It’s all there.

I meant the bit about SF complaining. about SAR choppers using Shannon.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭yrreg0850

I meant the bit about SF complaining. about SAR choppers using Shannon.

The following is a quote from an article in a newspaper mentioned in the "US Military news" about the C17 flight.
    "
    Dublin mid west Sinn Fein TD Eoin O Broin, whose constituency includes Baldonnel, last night said he would be writing to Defence Minister Simon Coveney about the plane landing at the airport"

• Registered Users Posts: 33 nonethepfizer

anyone remember the c-17 & B-52 at the Bray airshow, or the B-1's in Salthill

fun times

anti war dudes had a fit

• Registered Users Posts: 35,065 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Right now overhead (near Red Cow) it sounds like the Ride of the Valkyries from Apocalypse Now, without the music

Nothing on FR24 or ADSBexchange

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Registered Users Posts: 35,065 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

It was GASU. Just the one but it sounded like 2 or 3, they were not hovering but orbiting a tight circle quickly so the sound continually changed

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

The following is a quote from an article in a newspaper mentioned in the "US Military news" about the C17 flight.
    "
    Dublin mid west Sinn Fein TD Eoin O Broin, whose constituency includes Baldonnel, last night said he would be writing to Defence Minister Simon Coveney about the plane landing at the airport"

These were the same people who objected to RAF SAR choppers landing in Shannon when they were carrying out mercy missions on behalf of the Irish Govt."

I was asking about your contention that SF complained about UK SAR choppers using Shannon. I looked it up but can find no reference to it, have you a link to when it happened ? I would be interested to read about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

EI-EKI squawking 7700, looks like a divert to Bordeaux

Advertisement