Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walrus - Prepare to be Triggered - The Reveal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Some great songs here, good taste all round

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭lassykk

Here Trig, 9 points is Not Enough, so start over and bump me up the list a bit... ;)

Just kidding, in any other Walrus 9 points would have you up top of the table, with 23 players though, this is gonna be a weird one. Fair f**ks for taking on 115 songs

This was the toughest category for me in any Walrus, as I breathe music, so struggled to imagine not being able to listen to it. Think I just went with Our Lady Peace as I remember discovering them as a teen and just listening to their entire discography non-stop for about three months straight. Only went with Not Enough as its the first song of theirs I heard, but they do have better stuff

Absolutely cracking song - Big fan of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭lassykk

Happy with 3rd place - when I opened the reveal and saw a Pearl Jam song I hoped I would do well!

No shame in coming behind sound of silence though. Couldn't believe how good that cover was when I heard it first.

If you want other lighter Disturbed stuff they have a song Hold on to Memories - it's no where near the quality of Sound of Silence but not like some of their heavier stuff. I also like their cover of Land of Confusion too

lassykk wrote: »
    Happy with 3rd place - when I opened the reveal and saw a Pearl Jam song I hoped I would do well!

No shame in coming behind sound of silence though. Couldn't believe how good that cover was when I heard it first.

If you want other lighter Disturbed stuff they have a song Hold on to Memories - it's no where near the quality of Sound of Silence but not like some of their heavier stuff. I also like their cover of Land of Confusion too

How dare you take my podium spot :( Me here organising the open-top bus parade, a slot on the Late Late Show, a brand ambassador role with Galtee cheese...and you just swoon in here willy nilly and try to Russian me out of the medal places.

:D

Seriously though, it was a pleasant coincidence, the songs which finished 2nd, 3rd and 4th in this round are all very special to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Folks, while ye are waiting on the next round, nearly there, (need to listen to a few songs again) why not join Lassy's Walrus
    lassykk wrote: »
    If anyone is looking for a new Walrus to enter - mine is open for entries here:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058077058

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,944 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Seeing Trigger's posted, then reading...
    Trigger wrote: »
    ...nearly there
    uAw.gif

Seeing Trigger's posted, then reading...

uAw.gif

Will try get most of it sorted tomorrow evening and then do reveal over the weekend

Trigger wrote: »
    Will try get most of it sorted tomorrow evening and then do reveal over the weekend

Trigger - Prepare for Walrus.

So.... Anyone awake? No?

Wanted to do this last night but i had to push it back.. I might just do the bottom 10 now and leave the rest till tonight depending on how it goes.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Go for it :)

• Advertisement

In Last place with 1 point is
    FixXxer
    with Tom Waits - Misery is the river of the world

Some nice lyrics and can see why you selected it, just couldn’t place it higher than the others that were selected.

In 22nd place with 2 points is
    Hello 2D person below
    with Luke Kelly - The Town I Loved So Well

Don’t get me wrong here, I love this song and the story it tells, I have just heard this so much (Father in law plays The Dubliners/Luke Kelly all the time) and its come to an oh god not again point. I just don’t enjoy listening to it as much anymore.

Yay Necro! You're not in the bottom 2! :D

In 21st place with 3 points is
    Osh
    with Nick Drake - Cello Song

Not really a fan of the singers voice, its lovely though, probably not strong enough here for me though

In 20th place with 4 points is
    Rikand
    with Manic Street Preachers – 4st 7lbs

Can be hard for me to make out the lyrics at times, probably doesn’t deserve to be placed so low but I’ve just liked others more.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

That's a great Manics album :)

In 19th place with 5 points is
    Irish Aris
    with The Escape Club-I'll Be There

Proper old school song, I remember this from before I went deaf. Lovely lyrics, again like most down the end I just prefered others to it.

Necro wrote: »
    That's a great Manics album :)

One thing i will say here, there was no song that i disliked in this round, i really enjoyed listening to them all. Trying to place these was 10 times harder than the first round, and no song really deserved a low amount of points, i was tempted to give points from 10 - 33 in this round but decided against it

In 18th place with 6 points is
    Gru
    with Jeff Buckely - Last Goodbye

I’ve heard this before, it has come up along with Hallelujah on random playlists I listen to on spotify, that probably brought it down a bit in the scoring. It’s a lovely choice, I mean, who hasn’t suffered a gut wrenching break up

In 17th place with 7 points is
    PhatKev
    with Damien Dempsey - Chris and Stevie

I don’t like Damien Dempsey being honest, this song is a bit mad but absolutely heartbreaking also, and its pretty much him putting his emotions into a song, with lyrics that hit very close to home for me, so that has bumped it up the list a bit.

• Advertisement

In 16th place with 8 points is
    Barney92
    with Johnny Cash - Hurt

My first thought on seeing this on the playlist was “oh not Johnny Cash again”, I don’t like him, but this song is beautiful so has popped it up the table a bit

In 15th place with 9 points is
    sKeith
    with Jim Reeves - Bimbo

Never heard this before so when it first came on I was like WTF is this, but by the end of the song I was singing away to it. It really grew on me and a lovely story inside it. Just not strong enough to place it higher up the table. I love it though! Thanks for this one

In 14th place with 10 points is
    Deleted User
    with Beck – Lost Cause

I didn’t like this the first time I listened to it, but after a few more listens, I grew on me, a lot, after the first listen this was in the bottom 2. I do like it now though and wouldn’t turn it off if it came on.

gonna make a cuppa, and will see when i come back. I might just keep going as i have a bit of time

Right, we are back.. i'll keep going as i have the young fella chillaxed!

In 13th place with 11 points is
    Necro
    with Heart – Alone

Beautiful song choice, I really like it, it would have scored much higher only for the songs it was up against. Probably the only song here that I felt bad in giving such few points to

In 12th place with 12 points is
    ShaneU
    with Simon & Garfunkel - Bridge over troubled water

A rather safe choice, great song, I don’t dislike S&G as such but sometimes their voices just don’t work for me so that brought it down a bit, its depends on the day really.

In 11th place with 13 points is
    Sawduck
    with Lou Reed - Perfect day

I love this song, it’s one of those that I knew well but havent heard with the implant before this, so listening with a new appreciation. This could easily have been chosen for the first round and I think it would have placed a bit higher in that one, its just up against some lovely tracks here.

Right.. Onto the top 10!

In 10th place with 14 points is
    Three more big sleeps
    with Joshua Kadison - "Begging For Grace (Dragonfly Wings)"

I had a provisional list made after the first couple of listens on spotify and this was in last place because I hadnt listened to it as its not on spotify, when I got the chance to listen on youtube, it shot up the table, it’s beautifully written and I really like the singers voice.

In 9th place with 15 points is
    Beakerjoe
    with John Legend - All of me

It’s a lovely song, really enjoyed it the first time and was higher up after the first listen. Never really listened to John Legend before so this was a new one for me and I really did enjoy his voice so will have a look at a few others of his

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,921 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

10 ten for two weeks running!

Advertisement