Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walrus - Prepare to be Triggered - The Reveal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

The Top 8, these were really apart from the rest for me, only one has stayed in the same place over the last week and that is No.1, I've listened and listened and listened again(to all tracks) and this is the final positions, i have no doubt if i listened again the rankings would change again. Love all of these.

In 8th place with 16 points is
    Baggly
    with Snow Patrol - New York

Ive only ever listened to Chasing Cars from Snow Patrol, which I absolutely love. And this one is up there with it. The lyrics are great and again its one that I have emphasised with. Solid choice

In 7th place with 17 points is
    G&R
    with LCD Soundsystems - All my friends

Submitter mentioned in his PM to me that he tried to tailor his selections to what I like from the first sign up post, he did not disappoint with this one, this is exactly the type of music I like. That piano beat is amazing, Lyrically fantastic, I was disappointed that it is only in 7th but I think it is the right decision

In 6th place with 18 points is
    LeVar
    with Linkin Park fear. Kiiara - Heavy

When I first seen it I thought to myself that this isnt going to go well, but god I love this so much! It really is a beautiful piece, and I can emphasise with the lyrics, brilliant choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Oooh this is scary

• Advertisement

Can't remember what I entered, or what this category is

In 5th place with 19 points is
    Tusk
    with Evanescence - my immortal

The only song here that features on my everyday playlist. I adore everything about this. Nothing else left to say! Its amazing. Might have been a place or 2 higher if it was my first time hearing it.

I'll take that :)

tusk wrote: »

Whoops, I new i was forgetting something

2.The lyrical beast
    I'm a big fan of Lyrics that have meanings in songs, so I want you to give me a song that has given you an emotion through the words. This could be anger, joy, sadness or dispair, anything really.
    :pac:

In 4th place with 20 points is
    Deleted User
    with Elton John – Indian Sunset

Enter Cheat code here. A proper Lyrical Beast, It really is an amazing song, ive never heard it before, well at least I cant remember hearing it before I went deaf. The story it tells is amazing, really highlights the plight around the American Indians. Throwing that together with Elton Johns voice. Yeah its fantastic. Love it and would be one I could listen to again and again

• Advertisement

That leaves us with EN,Statutory Ape and Lassykk for the top 3, I will be back in a little while for these ones :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,921 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

img2.thejournal.gif

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

tusk wrote:

You cursed yourself by bringing it up :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Trigger wrote: »
    In 6th place with 18 points is
    LeVar
    with Linkin Park fear. Kiiara - Heavy

When I first seen it I thought to myself that this isnt going to go well, but god I love this so much! It really is a beautiful piece, and I can emphasise with the lyrics, brilliant choice.

Glad you liked it.

When I heard Chester Bennington died I listened to this song on repeat for a good 2 hours and just wept.

At 13, Linkin Park were the band that led me from mainstream pop music, to rock and alternative, my favourite genre ever since.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,944 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

That leaves us with EN,Statutory Ape and Lassykk for the top 3, I will be back in a little while for these ones :D

Ooh, this is an interesting time to tune in...!

Necro wrote: »
    You cursed yourself by bringing it up :pac:

I am worried about this curse now though :(

Gimme 10 mins, just putting child down for a nap

Gimme 10 mins, just putting child down for a nap

10 minutes?!
    Never mind the reveal, can I get some parenting advice? :pac:

10 minutes?!
    Never mind the reveal, can I get some parenting advice? :pac:

Play Christy Moore, they go to sleep to get away from him (I like him) :pac:

Right! Cuppa in hand, Lets get going with the Podium!

Play Christy Moore, they go to sleep to get away from him (I like him) :pac:

That must be the issue - our nap playlist is Portishead, Massive Attack, Radiohead and Sigur Ros, she must stay awake to hear it all ;)

• Advertisement

In 3rd place with 21 points is
    Lassykk
    with Badflower – Promise me

One of my favourites here from the very first listen, got straight into this. Really like the lyrics, the story it tells and it really is a great track. Never heard it before and it went straight to my playlist. Absolutley great choice!

In 2nd place with 22 points is
    EN
    with Bruce Springsteen – The River

Ive only heard one or two of his songs before on random playlists and this one never came up. The song is fantastic, he has a great voice, and I can see where he got his nickname now. Absolutely loved this and its been suck in my head since the very first listen.

Which means the winner of this round in 1st place with 23 points is
    Statutory Ape
    with Sufjan Steven's - Casimir Pulaski Day

When I seen this on the play list i didn’t know what to expect, I was half expecting another Baba Yetu. To say I was surprised is an understatement. This really hit home with me, it is an absolute heartbreaking song that hit me right in the feels! And it takes a lot for a song to do that to me. It was instantly my favourite after the first listen and didn’t sway. I adore it. Lyrically beautiful and the singer has a great voice to match. Top Choice!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Cracking choice EN.

Delighted you loved The River, I do too!
    As I said in my PM, it seems such a beautiful yet sad encapsulation of the lives of many in middle America, and contains two of the saddest lines of any song I can think of...
    Now all them things that seemed so important
    Well Mister they vanished right into the air
    Now I just act like I don't remember
    Mary acts like she don't care

Is a dream a lie if it don't come true
    Or is it something worse

Ah, I know you'll make it to me. And it'll make my victory all the more sweet ;)

After round one. Knew it ;)

Ooh, I do love a bit of Sufjan Steven but don't recognise that one, I'll have to listen to it this afternoon. Looking forward to Lassy's entry too, don't know that

Which means our Leader board* looks something like this, very close at the top with just a point separating the top 4. but with a total of 69 (sniggers) points left to play for anything could happen.

Name Rd1 Rd2 Total
    Statutory Ape 19 23 42
    Tusk 23 19 42
    Lassykk 20 21 41
    Stu Redman 21 20 41
    Skeith 22 9 31
    Baggly 12 16 28
    Also Staring LeVar Burton 9 18 27
    Green&Red 10 17 27
    Sawduck 14 13 27
    Phatkev 18 7 25
    Electric Nitwit 3 22 25
    Homer J. Fong 13 10 23
    Gru 16 6 22
    Three More Big Sleeps 7 14 21
    Irish Aris 15 5 20
    FixXxer 17 1 18
    Necro 6 11 17
    ShaneU 4 12 16
    Beakerjoe 1 15 16
    Rikand 11 4 15
    Barney92 5 8 13
    Osh 8 3 11
    Hello 2D Person Below 2 2 4

* I learned how to do tables!!!

Thanks all as i said i really enjoyed this round, i will get cracking on the next round ASAP..

That Joshua Kadison song is lovely:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Which means the winner of this round in 1st place with 23 points is
    Statutory Ape
    with Sufjan Steven's - Casimir Pulaski Day

When I seen this on the play list i didn’t know what to expect, I was half expecting another Baba Yetu. To say I was surprised is an understatement. This really hit home with me, it is an absolute heartbreaking song that hit me right in the feels! And it takes a lot for a song to do that to me. It was instantly my favourite after the first listen and didn’t sway. I adore it. Lyrically beautiful and the singer has a great voice to match. Top Choice!

Hadn't heard this one before, beautiful.

Also, I'm taking solace in that fact that Baba Yetu was referenced in a winning post. That's as good as winning the whole thing in my eyes.

Advertisement