Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you been burned on boards?

Options
  • 09-05-2020 12:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

(Not sure if im in the right thread mods)

This is bit of a social experiment.

We are all (hopefully) adults here on Boards, ( sometimes I think that the definition of ‘adult’ can be wildly disputed.)

I have recently had a bad burn on Boards and in my retort I feel like I replicated the effects on my sparring partner. I don’t think either of us felt good afterwards, as neither of us have been ‘active’ since. I don’t feel good about my comments, it wasn’t like me at all, I became something that I am not, and I really regret them. I know that for days afterwards I ruminated about feelings on both sides.

Sometimes I think we adults need to be treated like children. We forget sometimes the effect our words can have on others. I think Boards is filled with flippant comments and attitudes that wouldn’t be shown face to face.

There are many, many people here who have been ‘burned’ or upset by a comment, personal or otherwise that were leveled at them. Maybe if the feelings behind them were exposed that we’d have a little more empathy towards our fellow posters. This is true across all social media platforms.

WITHOUT NAMING NAMES, keeping things as anonymous as possible, with the general gist maybe of a comment, maybe posters could post how they felt about a said comment and the effects it had on them....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Im a witch ....yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭73bc61lyohr0mu

Drunktulip wrote: »

We are all (hopefully) adults here on Boards, ( sometimes I think that the definition of ‘adult’ can be wildly disputed.)

I have recently had a bad burn on Boards and in my retort I feel like I replicated the effects on my sparring partner. I don’t think either of us felt good afterwards, as neither of us have been ‘active’ since. I don’t feel good about my comments, it wasn’t like me at all, I became something that I am not, and I really regret them. I know that for days afterwards I ruminated about feelings on both sides.

Sometimes I think we adults need to be treated like children. We forget sometimes the effect our words can have on others. I think Boards is filled with flippant comments and attitudes that wouldn’t be shown face to face.

There are many, many people here who have been ‘burned’ or upset by a comment, personal or otherwise that were leveled at them. Maybe if the feelings behind them were exposed that we’d have a little more empathy towards our fellow posters. This is true across all social media platforms.

WITHOUT NAMING NAMES, keeping things as anonymous as possible, with the general gist maybe of a comment, maybe posters could post how they felt about a said comment and the effects it had on them....

Must have been some comment you threw at them since you've only made 2 posts. And this is your 2nd..

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Drunktulip

Must have been some comment you threw at them since you've only made 2 posts. And this is your 2nd..

Point proven. This place is full of people who don’t give a s h 1 t about what they say or their effects on others. Good luck to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

You're right about that. Most of the time I second guess if it's worth posting because about 9/10 times you just get ****ty responses. Depends where you post though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

I've been accused of being an impostor. Some say I'm older than I say I am (21).

Don't know why they think that.

People also think I'm a troll but that's just because I have aspergers and sometimes think and speak in a quirky way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,696 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

"Your Honour, as part of my appeal in to my site banning for abusive posting, I submit evidence of the contrition which I now feel. I trust that this will convince your holiness that I have seen the error of my ways and promise that this unpleasant occurrence will be the only occasion in which I do so."

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Drunktulip

(sometimes I think that the definition of ‘adult’ can be wildly disputed.)

“Your Honour, as part of my appeal in to my site banning for abusive posting, I submit evidence of the contrition which I now feel. I trust that this will convince your holiness that I have seen the error of my ways and promise that this unpleasant occurrence will be the only occasion in which I do so."

This is meant to be a genuine thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭threeball

Point proven. This place is full of people who don’t give a s h 1 t about what they say or their effects on others. Good luck to you.

This place is full of people who get offended by the slightest jokey comment. If his comment offended you, I have news for you. You're not on the wrong site. You're in the wrong country. I'd try Sweden.

The scary people who try to hunt down your personal life and send dodgy PM’s after forensically going through your post history are far worse than someone who slags you off in a post. There’s an alarmingly high number of them on here.

The scary people who try to hunt down your personal life and send dodgy PM’s after forensically going through your post history are far worse than someone who slags you off in a post. There’s an alarmingly high number of them on here.

I'm always amazed by the people who remember which threads you posted on and what you said. I can barely be interested to see what someone said in the previous page

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

What? People do that? Jaysis have they no lives?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

What? People do that? Jaysis have they no lives?
    It's this damn lockdown. Everyone is a private dick. :eek:

Emmersonn wrote: »
    It's this damn lockdown. Everyone is a private dick. :eek:

It's been going on for years. You get your very own stalker now, and again.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,577 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Please note only one account on the site is permitted

OP, I am aware of your other accounts. Choose one, and stick to it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement