Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Take away pints

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

inisboffin wrote: »
    In one of the Dublin services it's a proper pint glass, you just leave a deposit.

Friend of mine sent me a photo a few mins ago of one he received from Monroes. Proper glass.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

JoeA3 wrote: »
    Friend of mine sent me a photo a few mins ago of one he received from Monroes. Proper glass.

Proper glass sounds a small bit dodgy in the current circumstances. I'm suddenly a bit squeamish at the thought of drinking from something that's done the rounds of the town before it comes to my house.
    I'm assuming the take it back and wash it well, but still.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

God we are sad if publicans are that desperate, i hope there is a list supplied so as i can avoid these premises infuture,,,

Yeah it's terrible they're trying to keep their business going and their staff employed. Don't worry, I doubt they'll miss you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,433 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

It's the same as Fibbers the time the smoking ban came in, publicity.
    Everyone will take notice and then forget after a few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Nah, they don’t. They just refill them as is and give them to someone else :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Proper glass sounds a small bit dodgy in the current circumstances. I'm suddenly a bit squeamish at the thought of drinking from something that's done the rounds of the town before it comes to my house.

You’re overthinking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

Yeah it's terrible they're trying to keep their business going and their staff employed. Don't worry, I doubt they'll miss you.

That's great so they running their bars as normal and not applying for the wage subsidy that is available.
    I know a young fellow and he just did Saturday night in local bar, he is on €350 pw.
    If there is any question it can be mentioned as the License has to be renewed each year.
    I think just a stunt but i may be wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I'm just waiting for one of the vans to adopt an ice-cream van music speaker and to play the Guinness Dancing man tune as it rolls onto the estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Nah, they don’t. They just refill them as is and give them to someone else :rolleyes:

I thought they rubbed it with a bit of a spit first? ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

The Elphin in Baldoyle is serving pints as well. Ive seen a few people come out carrying pint glasses with a plastic cover over the top.

They're also advertising takeaway strawberry daiquiris to go with your corned beef and mash - a classic combination.

• Advertisement

Is it just pints of Guinness? or can we buy pints of anything.
    For example could i go to the pub and buy a bot of Hein/Coors and pay €3.50 a bottle instead of getting in lidl for €1...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

Is it just pints of Guinness? or can we buy pints of anything.
    For example could i go to the pub and buy a bot of Hein/Coors and pay €3.50 a bottle instead of getting in lidl for €1...

Ive seen a pub offering 4 long neck bottles for €10 in a sign on their door.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

As soon as the novelty that the narcissists get out of taking selfies with a pint & bar man outside their front wares off, the pubs who have invested in these vans will loose money by the barell. Any pub offering deals like 4 for €10 is shooting the whole min pricing the vintage acc is pushing for in the foot

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭hurikane

As soon as the novelty that the narcissists get out of taking selfies with a pint & bar man outside their front wares off, the pubs who have invested in these vans will loose money by the barell. Any pub offering deals like 4 for €10 is shooting the whole min pricing the vintage acc is pushing for in the foot

I think you have nailed it, the selfie narcissists. I’ve seen so many videos of goons, videoing goons getting pints out of the back of the vans. The mentality of it, lads thinking they’re great lads getting pints. I cringe at every video.

hurikane wrote: »
    I think you have nailed it, the selfie narcissists. I’ve seen so many videos of goons, videoing goons getting pints out of the back of the vans. The mentality of it, lads thinking they’re great lads getting pints. I cringe at every video.

Not all hero’s wear capes

4 bottles for a 10 would be far far above any minimum pricing floor being suggested.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Breaston Plants

Monroes doing a roaring trade in take away pints in town at the minute

Is it just Guinness?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

Do you just go up to the latch and order? Thinking of getting food from Caribou and a growler of their draught beer during the week. Will probably head down towards Spanish arch to eat that and getting a pint nearby from Monroes would be tidy!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Outside the Salthouse was packed with people drinking Monroe’s pints. Not sure how they are getting away with that tbh, when the market was shut down.

The pint van sounds better if you’re really desperate for a pint of plain, but the point about clean glasses did make me pause. Anyone who’s got a lipstick glass will know that feeling. They did mention byog maybe and that is better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Breaston Plants

Is it just Guinness?

No, seen a few with Heineken

• Registered Users Posts: 10,433 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Are they charging full price does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,945 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Interestingly, last night was there first time in over two months that there were loud people in the streets after midnight: I'd gotten to enjoy the peace of squuaking seagulls and the occasional whoosh of a car at night, and will actually miss this bit after things open up again.

Interestingly, last night was there first time in over two months that there were loud people in the streets after midnight: I'd gotten to enjoy the peace of squuaking seagulls and the occasional whoosh of a car at night, and will actually miss this bit after things open up again.

Time to get that big house in the country ya alway dreamt of

Bumble ya fancy a pint of the black stuff for €6 in monroes? your buying

• Registered Users Posts: 25,945 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Bumble ya fancy a pint of the black stuff for €6 in monroes? your buying

Hold your horses a bit, we ain't going in anywhere yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,340 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Berlin wall erected all around the Sparch.

Advertisement