Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plant identification and are these bugs a problem

Options
  • 09-05-2020 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭

Hi,

I've a plant that I can't identify which now has a population of many tiny reddish bugs on the new growth.

The plant is some type of climbing plant with a waxy dark green leaf. Doesn't seem to grow particularly fast. I'd understood the leaves were supposed to turn red over winter (but this one didn't last winter). A few red leaves emerged in the last few weeks, but still mostly green.

Looking closely today, It has a large number of these tiny red bugs which are exclusively resident on the new growth. Think they are fairly new, but can't be sure how long they are there.

Attached photos, any help identifying either the plant or the bugs and are they a problem? If they are, how best do I get rid of them? Photo of the bugs is not great as they are too small for camera to focus on properly!

Comments

Advertisement