Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silencer for a 270

Options
  • 09-05-2020 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

What's a good lightweight silencer for a 270 win? Would a dedicated 270 cal be much better than a 30 cal?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭kunekunesika

I'm running a Hausken with mesh on my 270, totally tames the beast.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Heavy handed

Another vote for the hausken with the mesh. Really quietens it’s down

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Uinseann_16

Ive got a .270 Sonic 45 on my 6.5 and i find it good (went oversized on purpose)

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭TheEngineer1

Ive got a .270 Sonic 45 on my 6.5 and i find it good (went oversized on purpose)

I've a Sonic 45 on my 308 and I quite like it too, my only problem with it is I fecking over tightened some of the sections and now I can't take them apart. I guess I've only myself to blame for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭TheEngineer1

I'm running a Hausken with mesh on my 270, totally tames the beast.

Does the mesh make a really noticeable difference? Once it's quiet enough to get away with shooting without hearing protection then I'm happy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭kunekunesika

The mesh really helps, don't have figures.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

I can't say that I noticed much difference when I had the mesh added on my Hausken, recoil or sound wise.

I did notice that the mod gets a lot hotter with the mesh, and takes longer to cool down.

Absolutely love the Hausken though.

Advertisement