Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden sprinkler low pressure

Options
  • 09-05-2020 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭

Hi

Can anyone recommend a garden sprinkler attachment for a hose that is particularly useful for low water pressure? Ideally Hozelock as I use those connections.

Had used an old metal hozelock version on my previous garden with no issues but it barely spreads at all now.
    Garden itself is only 10m x 10m so the range doesn’t have to be massive.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Trouble is with lockdown and all at home more water is in use and notice its not as strong as it used to be.Where is the feed coming from outside tap plumbed into the mains or off a toilet feed [ useless ]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Brego888

Outside tap

So outside tap should have good pressure,forecast for weekend thunder storms.Better be careful if water rationing is in use.

greasepalm wrote: »
    So outside tap should have good pressure,forecast for weekend thunder storms.Better be careful if water rationing is in use.

Cheers. That doesn't particularly answer my question though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭standardg60

If you're in a low pressure area there's not a whole lot you can do.
    What are you watering? Watering established shrubs and lawns is completely pointless and only contributes to water shortages.
    There has been a big increase in water consumption due to covid-19 already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Brego888 wrote: »
    Hi

Can anyone recommend a garden sprinkler attachment for a hose that is particularly useful for low water pressure? Ideally Hozelock as I use those connections.

Had used an old metal hozelock version on my previous garden with no issues but it barely spreads at all now.
    Garden itself is only 10m x 10m so the range doesn’t have to be massive.

Brought a lot of sprinklers that were rubbish, low pressure here too, go to amazon, search for Gardena Aqua S, Black Orange Metallic, done. Doesn't get better, Rolls Royce of o low pressure sprinklers.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

If you're in a low pressure area there's not a whole lot you can do.
    What are you watering? Watering established shrubs and lawns is completely pointless and only contributes to water shortages.
    There has been a big increase in water consumption due to covid-19 already.

New grass seed

Supercell wrote: »
    Brought a lot of sprinklers that were rubbish, low pressure here too, go to amazon, search for Gardena Aqua S, Black Orange Metallic, done. Doesn't get better, Rolls Royce of o low pressure sprinklers.

Cheers will have a look.
    Does it work with Hozelock connections or would I need to buy separate?

When i bought non hozelock same function but did not snap in as slightly different.Threads are standard on all and just means screwing your adapter on if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Brego888 wrote: »
    Cheers will have a look.
    Does it work with Hozelock connections or would I need to buy separate?

Mine does just fine. i think they are all a standard size.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
Advertisement