Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple MacBook pro on a payment plan

Options
  • 10-05-2020 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi all
    I was wondering if there is a ceiling on a pay per week in currys
    For example I would like to purchase a Apple MacBook pro for 2900euro?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭donegal_man

• Registered Users Posts: 33,979 ✭✭✭✭listermint

If you simply must buy something like this with a loan then best shop around for the best loan offer.

Although I'd never advocate buying a laptop with a loan tbh ever.

Loan offers may be better by non store lenders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

No there isn’t...but the APR is a crazy 23%

• Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭rizzee

Flexifi is brilliant. I've used it a few times and if you pay back within 6 months it's interest free (minus 1.50 or 2 euro a month application fee or something similar, but it's miniscule) I haven't got anything over 1000 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭whippet

that APR is excessive and there are better options out there - bank loan, credit union etc. Or Felxifi if you have funds to repay in a relatively short period.
    I would like to purchase a Apple MacBook pro for 2900euro?

This is the bigger question - Like and Need are two different reasonings behind buying something. Personally i'd never get in debt for something like a laptop but if you need a three grand mac for your business for example there might be a case for it.

• Advertisement

If you don't have €2900 on hand to buy a Macbook, you're simply not someone who really has a need for it, so don't do stupid on this one. Financing a purchase at the guts of 23% APR is just a further layer of bad decision making stacked on top of buying a laptop you don't need. By all means, buy a Macbook, but go with a used machine or wait until you don't have to go buying it at credit card rates. Plenty of choice out there, most of them being better than what you're planning to do.

Advertisement