Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The entire Green argument for Ireland decreasing its C02 emissions is bogus

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

n97 mini wrote: »
    Hard to know what happened there. Carbofuran is a pesticide, use in the EU is illegal, but there is a slight possibility the buzzards (for such a beautiful bird, why do they have such a shítty name) weren't the target.

OTOH, there is Round Up, which is widely used by farmers, and still legal, just about.

It's not legal to pour it all over the place at this time of year when birds are nesting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

No I don't as China India Brazil and many other emerging economies in Africa can't or won't make those changes on a global scale so why are we to suffer so these do goodies can feel good about themselves, it's futile unless everyone does their part and not even equally just we can't pick up the slack while others keep the status quo.

So you neighbour decides they don’t want to clean out bins, have a house that is stinky and unhygienic

Do you just copy them? Or keep your own house clean?

n97 mini wrote: »
    Hard to know what happened there. Carbofuran is a pesticide, use in the EU is illegal, but there is a slight possibility the buzzards (for such a beautiful bird, why do they have such a shítty name) weren't the target.

OTOH, there is Round Up, which is widely used by farmers, and still legal, just about.

Buzzards are targeted by farmers, they kill hens and some will go after Young lamb....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

I hope the Green Party team up with FF/FG.

And I hope Deputy Ryan gets taoiseach.

We probably wont be allowed eat red meat or drive Diesel cars and the Army will probably be disbanded.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,897 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Some people may decide to eat less meat, and good for them, but I most certainly will not be. I believe in supporting our farmers, more importantly I like the taste of it.

Well others believe in a more sustainable and ethical way of living.

Thankfully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

mikeym wrote: »

We probably wont be allowed eat red meat or drive Diesel cars and the Army will probably be disbanded.

We don't really need an army, Costa Rica don't have an army, and if we stopped farming red meat in Ireland we'd probably be the greenest country in Europe.

mikeym wrote: »

It’s good to see the fear Is strong in you

Advertisement