Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repair lawn after years of dogs abuse!

Options
  • 10-05-2020 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭

Hi
    We have 2 terriers that spend most days digging the lawn. After 2 years it is in a bad way. I have pretty much decided to rotavate the full lawn and reseed. But I am not sure if I should kill off the existing grass first.
    Any advice on what I should do before I start rotavating.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,564 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

It’s amazing if you fill holes, over sow with good seed, feed little and often and mow regularly there is seldom need to dig up and rotavate a lawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭bergipau

_Brian wrote: »
    It’s amazing if you fill holes, over sow with good seed, feed little and often and mow regularly there is seldom need to dig up and rotavate a lawn.

That would be a dream. I might give that a go first. Getting soil to fill it will be the only problem. It shouldn’t take too much.
    I sear the must eat the soil, they leave a big hole and very little around the hole so it gets scattered when I cut the grass.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭standardg60

Agree with Brian, certainly no need to dig up or rotovate, though killing the dogs off first is the best solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

You could fill the holes with screened topsoil and smooth it out with a levelawn or lawn lute then reseed.

Advertisement