Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any public toilets in the city centre during quarantine?

Options
  • 10-05-2020 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭

Since all the pubs, cafes, and restaurants are closed, I obviously cannot use their bathrooms. Is there anywhere with public toilets in the city centre that is still open? Even somewhere that you have to pay to use.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Jervis Centre ones might still be open as there are still three stores (Boots, Tesco and part of M&S) operating; same with Stephens Green (four stores)

DCC's tiny amount public toilets are all outside the city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,936 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Aren't you meant to be in work or home..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,992 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

listermint wrote: »

What if you're an essential worker travelling to or from work.

What if you're an essential worker travelling to or from work.

Go at work.....

Or home............

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Savage_Henry

I have the same problem and i didnt find anything. Our shop doesnt have bathroom. Luckly im alone there and just use a bottle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

listermint wrote: »

:rolleyes:

Eh, they could live in, or near, the city centre (as I do) and so could be exercising or shopping in the area.

Who are you to question what someone's business is in the city centre anyway?

Rhetorical question of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭RugbyLad11

what about busaras

• Registered Users Posts: 14,220 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Even in normal times there were no public toilets in Dublin, it's ridiculous. St Stephen's Green shopping centre and Jervis have them though but usually you have to dive into a pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,627 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Maybe but As far as I know there was horrific drug (injection) and sex (prostitution) problems when there were city centre toilets

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭01902

L1011 wrote: »
    Jervis Centre ones might still be open as there are still three stores (Boots, Tesco and part of M&S) operating; same with Stephens Green (four stores)

DCC's tiny amount public toilets are all outside the city centre.

Jervis toilets are definitely closed, whole of the 2nd floor is shut. Ilac is a possibility.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

Most towns are empty of public toilets. It ridiculous

If anyone on this has read Column O Gormans book you will know why the toilets were closed - shudder

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

Toilets in Stephen's Green are shut.

If anyone on this has read Column O Gormans book you will know why the toilets were closed - shudder

Gwan. Tell us

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭JPCN1

Even in normal times there were no public toilets in Dublin, it's ridiculous. St Stephen's Green shopping centre and Jervis have them though but usually you have to dive into a pub.

Something that has always bothered me. The people running our cities and country cannot provide the most basic things.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭jrmb

Heuston Station's public toilets are open. They're the only ones I know of anywhere in the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,907 ✭✭✭JDxtra

jrmb wrote: »
    Heuston Station's public toilets are open. They're the only ones I know of anywhere in the city.

I'd rather hold it in.

Are you possibly thinking of Frank McDonald's book?

JDxtra wrote: »
    I'd rather hold it in.

Some people don’t have that luxury. People will be further prisoners

L1011 wrote: »
    Are you possibly thinking of Frank McDonald's book?

Nope, Colm OGorman from amnesty International

I won’t go into details but he was homeless and living rough in dublin and had unpleasant encounters in public toilets

His book overall is a very good read and documents the changes in society over the last 30/40 years.

Curious - What does franks book say?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭drake70

the toilets in Connolly station should be open

Nope, Colm OGorman from amnesty International

I won’t go into details but he was homeless and living rough in dublin and had unpleasant encounters in public toilets

His book overall is a very good read and documents the changes in society over the last 30/40 years.

Curious - What does franks book say?

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/frank-memoir-on-the-trials-of-growing-up-gay-in-1960s-ireland-37456448.html

Seems to be on this side of the paywall, at least currently

• Registered Users Posts: 16,271 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

JPCN1 wrote: »
    Something that has always bothered me. The people running our cities and country cannot provide the most basic things.

Open a public toilet and it would be destroyed in a few days by two legged animals who pass as people.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Eh, they could live in, or near, the city centre (as I do) and so could be exercising or shopping in the area.

Dublin city is hardly unique in that case so. There are no public toilets around Tallaght when Im out for a walk either. People seem to manage though.

I try to avoid public toilets as much as possible anyway but I'd want to be near death to go in to one now.

Open a public toilet and it would be destroyed in a few days by two legged animals who pass as people.

Sure, put an attendant in.

Throwing in the towel because we cant control the behaviour of some knackers is not good enough. Find a way.

I've long since gone from taking comments off someone who worships Donald trump.

Lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Jervis St shopping centre toilets are closed. Maybe bus aras toilets
    are open. We are in a pandemic.
    No one expected all the pubs closed and cafes
    To be closed. It's a strange time. Hopefully
    Cafes will be open before August. Only ground floor shops open in Jervis St shopping centre boots and tesco
    Maybe they were told to close
    Due to hse rules on social spacing

I was in Riga, Latvia, last year. At the height of their summer festival. They have plentiful public toilets, all perfectly clean & well respected. Don’t know how they are able to provide what are essential facilities and the lines of us can’t because of the abuse of such facilities in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,271 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

JPCN1 wrote: »
    Sure, put an attendant in.

Throwing in the towel because we cant control the behaviour of some knackers is not good enough. Find a way.

Would you do that job?

• Advertisement

Would you do that job?

Back in the day many Dublin nightclubs had bathroom attendants and every restaurant/bar has to keep their bathrooms clean.

Do you think it's demeaning?

Advertisement