Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Posts about Microsoft Office

Options
  • 11-05-2020 3:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭

I find this whole Forum particulary cumbersome and never have a clue where anything is supposed to be posted in it. Anyway I posted somewhere in the last few weeks or couple of months about Microsoft Office. I was trying to activate my own Programme of Microsoft Office, and I have the Product Key for it, but had difficulty in entering the Key as it's old now 2007 and Support for that year has ended or whatever.

I can't remember if I started a new Thread for it or if I posted in another Thread somebody else had started, but a Poster gave me a link of exactly where I could enter the Product Key to get my own version back up and running or whatever and the link worked a treat and I was able to do so.

Want to put M.O.S. 2007 on another Laptop now and am in the same situation again. But I can't find that Thread / post on Boards where other Poster gave me link to enter the Product Key. Searching back through my own previous posts is too laborious going page by page and I can't find anything just doing a general search for Microsoft Office or Word etc. Anyone got any suggestions of other ways I could do a search on Boards to try bring up a specific post / Thread that I'm looking for?! T.i.a.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Aw thank you so much AckwelFoley!! I actually did try Misstearheus and another word when I got a better handle on searching stuff but it didn't come up. I have the bloody night spent pouring over the Net trying to find a bloody way to download old office. :(:( Thanks for taking the time to look and post. Hope you get rewarded in some way for taking the time. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Mebuntu

You could ditch that old MS software and download one of these open software suites that are great free alternatives to expensive MS Office and do the same job as well as handling MS files, doc. xls etc.

https://www.libreoffice.org/

or its predecessor.

https://openoffice.apache.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Use both in 2/3 other environments. Just a personal preference to M.O.S. really.

Advertisement