Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Money transfer UK/Ireland

Options
  • 07-05-2020 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

I have a BOI account here in Ireland, and would like to transfer money regularly into my UK savings account. I’m unable to do that online so bank suggested cheque or bank draft. I’d prefer to keep costs to a minimum. Would I be better off withdrawing the cash on my next visit to UK and depositing it into my Building Society?

I've moved your query to it's own thread. Posting in old threads is not allowed.

The Gloomster!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Steer55

Open an account with currency fair, their exchange rates are fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭roots2branches

I've been using revolut lately to do this. Way better currency rates than AIB and free for 6k a month. Mostly though, it's just easier as AIB won't let you save payee details for non Irish accounts so you have to faff around putting in iban numbers and getting codes off the card reader. It's rediculous, Revolut keeps all those details so it's a few clicks and job done. Payments arrive same day usually.

Advertisement