Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2D Bulbs

Options
  • 11-05-2020 8:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭

N to get some 2D bulbs, currently these are CFL bulbs, if I replace with LED 2d bulbs do I need to replace the starter?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Loozer

tech wrote: »
    N to get some 2D bulbs, currently these are CFL bulbs, if I replace with LED 2d bulbs do I need to replace the starter?

Thanks

Not sure

You'd be better to replace the fittings than bothering with 2D led bulbs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Loozer

https://www.ledbulbs.co.uk/products/kosnic-18w-led-gr10q-2d-warm-white-kled18std-4p-w27

They have 2 and 4 pin led replacements, says to bypass the control gear which is more work again.

When I switched to led in my own place I took out all the gear out of the 2d fittings and simply fitted a lampholder and Led BC bulb. Worked ok as a diy solution for me but not something you would.do professionally.

Advertisement