Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Journalism and Cycling 2: the difficult second album

Options
1253254255256257259»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭JMcL

Fair point. My original comment was looking at it more from the point of view of leisure cycling rather than utility cycling given the distance and fairly rural nature of most of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,377 ✭✭✭Macy0161

I guess the bypassed N roads will cater for that. Using the one alignment for road/ active travel/ rail/ segregated bus lanes is something we could do more of.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭LeoD

Councillors out the gate quick on this one and talking through their arses. I'm not a fan of e-scooters but I'd like to understand more around the circumstances of the collision before considering what could be done to prevent something like this happening again. From my experience of Waterford city (like most urban areas in Ireland) there is practically zero effort put in to keeping low mass (sub 50kg) vehicles safe from 1,000kg vehicles.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/an-absolute-tragedy-teenager-killed-after-crash-between-e-scooter-and-bus-in-waterford-city/a659367062.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭JMcL

Awful tragedy. No idea of the specifics here nor am I going to speculate who did or didn't do what, but where it happened certainly lacks infra. It's on the main road out towards Cork (there's a bypass but you have to go out this way to access it plus from the pictures it appears the bus was inbound) and the particular stretch isn't particularly well lit and tree lined. There're "bike lanes" (i.e., a bit of paint) further in towards SETU and further out as well - but nothing along here

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,346 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

The second kid involved in that has died.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭traco

That is tragic news.

Advertisement