Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Three 4g broadband issue

• 11-05-2020 11:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 49

Hi,
    I'm currently using 3 Prepay (20 euros account) that I pushed into the modem with an antenna outside to boost the signal (70-90%, depending on the weather....) and I notice that with the ethernet and or WiFI I just get 1-2 MBs download speed and when my SO is Netflix binge-watching my connection drops so bad I am not able to even view any pages on the internet or game.

So my question is:
    - Should I swap to 3 Broadband instead? (Not with the router one... I refuse to sign for a contract that's binding)
    - Go to a different provider?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 510 ✭✭✭westyIrl

Alwandy wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm currently using 3 Prepay (20 euros account) that I pushed into the modem with an antenna outside to boost the signal (70-90%, depending on the weather....) and I notice that with the ethernet and or WiFI I just get 1-2 MBs download speed and when my SO is Netflix binge-watching my connection drops so bad I am not able to even view any pages on the internet or game.

So my question is:
    - Should I swap to 3 Broadband instead? (Not with the router one... I refuse to sign for a contract that's binding)
    - Go to a different provider?

Try another provider. The service you will get on that 30 day rolling is the same profile as the €20 top up the last time I checked.

Jim

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭wassie

Your issue is not with your signal connection, its more to do with your profile being limited as noted above and/or high contention ratios on your particular cell tower (congestion of sorts). Lots of threads on here confirming poor download speeds on Three.

No point complaining to Three, the will just point you to their T&Cs to show that they a providing a minimum level of service. Good luck with it all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

what the limit on the "All You Can Eat Data" with Three prepay these days? Has the 60GB limit been removed?

/edit ah its officially gone for the time being https://www.three.ie/here-to-help/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 49 Alwandy

Argh so it is a common issue. Guess I have to live with it until the fibre rollout occurs in my area which probably won't happen for another 2 years... (Rural ...) If I was to swap, what provider would you recommend? Eir? I do download a lot due to work and my gaming hobby.

Advertisement