Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What if Dublin was an independent city-state?

2»

Comments

There is an element of headquarteting happening in Ireland. For eg the ESB head office - would it and the associated jobs stay in Dublin, would they be split? The same for say civil service jobs and health jobs.
    The goods would flow fine, the arguments would like the intra EU ones - Dublin is competing unfairly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

So no united Ireland then?

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭chosen1

That's interesting, whereabouts in Drumcondra is it?

Don't know if it's the same place but I was playing a match in Stella Maris once and a herd of cows walked over behind the pitch.

Unusual sight for there to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,757 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

It was reported a few years ago that only 5 counties in Ireland produced more revenue than they received back from the state.
    Dublin, Cork, Kilkenny were three of them and I can't remember the other two, but maybe more now produce more revenue than they receive, pre-covid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭sdanseo

unhappys10 wrote: »
    Can we put dynamite along the border and blow it off into the sea?

If and when that technology is developed, Northern Ireland will probably be the first province to be cast off to fend for itself. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

RobertKK wrote: »
    It was reported a few years ago that only 5 counties in Ireland produced more revenue than they received back from the state.
    Dublin, Cork, Kilkenny were three of them and I can't remember the other two, but maybe more now produce more revenue than they receive, pre-covid.
    I tried to google about that. I wish I could find out more though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭sdanseo

I tried to google about that. I wish I could find out more though.

Kerry /Galway for tourism and maybe Galway or Westmeath after that. Lots of tourists in Galway and lots of Pharma manufacturing in Westmeath.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,797 ✭✭✭cgcsb

Citroen2cv wrote: »
    And Dublin would starve.

Yes, all the other City states in the world, Hong Kong, Singapore, Monaco, Luxumberg etc. a long list of famines. Sure those places are empty now save for the emaciated corpses. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭LeYouth

That would be County Dublin, not Dublin City.

The only farms in Dublin city are the likes of Anto's cannibis farm in his attic.

And he's shagging Jacinta every day and all. They have about 30 children now - Man, I think the state's social welfare system is about to collapse.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

Another sh1t thread on Boards.ie some people are really scraping the bottom of the barrel these day's...

Dublin becoming independent, sure us country people would be lost without Dublin, no I think we need Dublin to show us all how it's done.

We're all like Neanderthals outside Dublin, wild free and ferral... we're need to be assimilated into what our overlord's want, for our own good yaw...

Actually throw that Idea out of the cave window, we'll be fine here...

As I drag my knuckles behind me...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

chosen1 wrote: »
    Don't know if it's the same place but I was playing a match in Stella Maris once and a herd of cows walked over behind the pitch.

Unusual sight for there to say the least.

We're they watching on the sidelines before they walked onto the pitch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,254 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Dublin city was founded by the Norse and later taken over by the Danes. King Sitric of Dublin although supporting the vikings (viking decent himself) stayed out of the fight with Brian Boru. Dublin was left alone after the battle by the O'Brien forces after he accepted the outcome.

Advertisement