Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eir Fibre

• 11-05-2020 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Not sure if anyone has been in the same position as myself, but currently struggling with Eir and Open Eir.

Our area is Fibre enabled, available to neighbours but not to us. I assume not available for us as the house is up a lane with what I can assume to be old copper cabling passing through a duct from the road to the house.

Wanting to upgrade these lines and getting fibre connected to the home but Eir and Open Eir have me running around in circles.

Anyone any advice or help? Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭TheSegal

They did the same thing to me. Is your house listed on the OpenEir fiber rollout map as FttH ready? If not you can't get it unfortunately. Eir told me I could get it since I'm just down the road from it and sent me round in circles, OpenEir would not respond to any calls/emails. Only got an answer when my new provider started pressing OpenEir for answers about it and they said they would not connect me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 tmcg123123

TheSegal wrote: »
    They did the same thing to me. Is your house listed on the OpenEir fiber rollout map as FttH ready? If not you can't get it unfortunately. Eir told me I could get it since I'm just down the road from it and sent me round in circles, OpenEir would not respond to any calls/emails. Only got an answer when my new provider started pressing OpenEir for answers about it and they said they would not connect me.

Not sure about the house being FttH ready, their rollout website is down and has been all day. The road we get our supply from is fibre available, I remember from the map before it had those yellow ‘Rural Fibre’ lines?

Who is your provider? Unfortunately with Eir and with a considerably high bill, you’d think it would be easier than this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭funnyname

enter your eircode here to see what service you are down for

https://www.airwire.ie/index.php/avail

funnyname wrote: »
    enter your eircode here to see what service you are down for

Put my own Eircode into this, and can't get anything decent. However if I put my neighbours Eircode in (100 metres away or so) FttH is available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭TheSegal

tmcg123123 wrote: »
    Put my own Eircode into this, and can't get anything decent. However if I put my neighbours Eircode in (100 metres away or so) FttH is available.

Unfortunately you're probably out of luck so. Might be worth ringing Airwire, Digiweb, or another smaller ISP and ask if they can contact OpenEir about getting a fiber line to your house

• Advertisement

TheSegal wrote: »
    Unfortunately you're probably out of luck so. Might be worth ringing Airwire, Digiweb, or another smaller ISP and ask if they can contact OpenEir about getting a fiber line to your house

Cheers! Have contacted Digiweb there, hopefully be able to suss something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,726 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

tmcg123123 wrote: »
    Cheers! Have contacted Digiweb there, hopefully be able to suss something

What does the NBP map say for your house
    https://www.dccae.gov.ie/en-ie/communications/topics/Broadband/national-broadband-plan/high-speed-broadband-map/pages/interactive-map.aspx

Advertisement