Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbour Burning Rubbish

Options
  • 11-05-2020 6:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭

I appreciate that this might not the the most appropriate thread to ask this but I didn't want to re open an old thread. We have next door neighbour who we're pretty sure burns rubbish in his domestic grate most evenings, even on the warmest summer's day. It's not the smell from coal, wood or turf but smells like plastic, it's really acrid, this evening like most evenings we have to close our windows for an hour or two.
    We can't prove anything but has anyone any suggestions as to how best deal with this. The individual concerned is extremely cantankerous, we've had issues with him in the past coming into our garden and cutting back trees and bushes which form a boundary between us while we were out at work some years back, when I confronted him, he couldn't see what had done wrong. I'm anxious to avoid confrontation with him.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,784 ✭✭✭✭L1011

EPA

https://www.epa.ie/waste/householder/burn/

If there isn't another neighbour nearby it will not be hard to guess who called; however.

Local council can also ask for proof of waste disposal; my brother who uses my parents recycling bin and the occasional trip to Ballymount was asked due to there being no recorded bin provider - the Ballymount receipts were accepted.

Advertisement