Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Architect Drawings for New Build

Options
  • 11-05-2020 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Evening all.

I recently received a first draft of drawings from my architect for a house I'm building.

I think maybe the architect designed something that looks good, but isn't the most cost effective way to build within my budget. I have savings of €200k and I'm looking for a house about170 sq meters in size. I like the design but I just feel it's not in-line with my budget. But my architect seems to think I should be able to get it on budget (maybe a little over). 

With the current circumstances and up coming recession I was hoping to just use my savings to build my house and be mortgage free.  

I have my drawing available to any builder who can give me an opinion on them

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,333 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

170 sq m for 200k, I don’t think that’s possible at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

170 sq m about 1850 sq ft

140 a sq ft to build using today’s pricing according to chartered surveyors.

Should cost you about 250-260. Think that figure allows for a level of finish as well e.g tiles floor covering etc

Advertisement