Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Negative test (6 days early), possibility of getting positive?

Options
  • 12-05-2020 9:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just curious to see if anyone has ever had a negative result (6 days before period due), then went on to get a positive?

I unfortunately miscarried at 8.5 weeks in March and this is my 2nd cycle since it. Just wondering if anyone has ever tested too early and got a negative and then went on to get a positive result?

I know i probably tested far too early but just trying to keep everything crossed :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭closifer

Yes I got negatives all the way along until day after period was due and then a positive. Pretty sure my dates were right too

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Lizardlegz

andreac wrote: »
    Hi,

Just curious to see if anyone has ever had a negative result (6 days before period due), then went on to get a positive?

I unfortunately miscarried at 8.5 weeks in March and this is my 2nd cycle since it. Just wondering if anyone has ever tested too early and got a negative and then went on to get a positive result?

I know i probably tested far too early but just trying to keep everything crossed :)

Yes! Stated testing everyday from 7 days before on my second baby! Lol lol.

Negative until 3 days before period due then positive. Hang in there. Sorry to hear about your miscarriage xx
    Sorry about

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Lizardlegz wrote: »
    Yes! Stated testing everyday from 7 days before on my second baby! Lol lol.

Negative until 3 days before period due then positive. Hang in there. Sorry to hear about your miscarriage xx
    Sorry about
    Thank you x

Oh that's good to know. Im trying to keep hope there. I think ill just wait now until my period due date and try and hold off testing until then.
    I just did one of those early Boots tests yest afternoon just on the off chance.

Thank you x

Oh that's good to know. Im trying to keep hope there. I think ill just wait now until my period due date and try and hold off testing until then.
    I just did one of those early Boots tests yest afternoon just on the off chance.

Yes, maybe leave it a few days and try again. Fingers crossed for you. X

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Same here. I can’t remember the numbers of days/weeks etc, but I know on my second baby I knew I was pregnant really really early but I did a couple of tests and they were negative. When I went to the gp a few days later, I remember him doing a test And saying “that line is very faint, but all I can say is congratulations”. My tests started being positive a few days later.
    I’m sure you know to test first thing in the morning. And clear blue are supposed to be more sensitive. Though I don’t know is that true or just marketing :)

• Advertisement

jlm29 wrote: »
    Same here. I can’t remember the numbers of days/weeks etc, but I know on my second baby I knew I was pregnant really really early but I did a couple of tests and they were negative. When I went to the gp a few days later, I remember him doing a test And saying “that line is very faint, but all I can say is congratulations”. My tests started being positive a few days later.
    I’m sure you know to test first thing in the morning. And clear blue are supposed to be more sensitive. Though I don’t know is that true or just marketing :)

Thanks for your reply. The test i did yest was in the evening too, so it wouldn't have been very concentrated. I know i might be clutching at straws but sure i can only hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Yes on my third baby. It was my second cycle after finishing breastfeeding.
    Are you using ovulation sticks?
    I was and knew I had ovulated late.
    Fingers crossed for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Thanks for your reply. The test i did yest was in the evening too, so it wouldn't have been very concentrated. I know i might be clutching at straws but sure i can only hope.

Oh definitely test first thing when you’re doing it again! Good luck.

Millem wrote: »
    Yes on my third baby. It was my second cycle after finishing breastfeeding.
    Are you using ovulation sticks?
    I was and knew I had ovulated late.
    Fingers crossed for you :)

Yes i have been using them Millem and was getting the LH surge around my usually day 12.
    Thanks a mill :-)

closifer wrote: »
    Yes I got negatives all the way along until day after period was due and then a positive. Pretty sure my dates were right too

Ah thanks for your reply. These are all giving me a little bit of hope :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Yes i have been using them Millem and was getting the LH surge around my usually day 12.
    Thanks a mill :-)

I just realised I got a negative test too on my second. I used those early expensive first response ones.....found them rubbish!!
    On this baby I was using cheapy strip tests....all negative. Got a positive Tesco test day before period was due. I think they are 2 in a pack for €5!

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

closifer wrote: »

I was the same, negative until day I was due, I know my dates were accurate. I'm 10wks pregnant tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭elly123

I got a couple of negatives before getting positives on my first baby. I then got 4 positives from different brands and when i went to the GP his test was negative twice. They eventually did bloods and they came back that i was pregnant.

So sorry to hear about your MC, please god it works out for you this time around. I will be thinking of you..

Thanks everyone. Unfortunately it wasnt to be as period arrived yesterday morning. Ah well. Just have to try again next month.
    Suppose it's still early days after the mc so my body could be still a bit all over the place.

Thanks everyone. Unfortunately it wasnt to be as period arrived yesterday morning. Ah well. Just have to try again next month.
    Suppose it's still early days after the mc so my body could be still a bit all over the place.

Sorry to hear that andreac. Thinking of you.

Advertisement