Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations on good Deposit Accounts

• 12-05-2020 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have positive experience with any decent deposit accounts they can share? We have a bit that we can put away and want to get the best interest rate possible - there seems to be a few online banks giving much better interest rates but I'm a little skeptical of these...some are based in Bulgaria, etc..

Notice accounts would be fine (30-60 days) too as we won't be touching the €€

A little banking fees also as we won't be needing ATM cards, there'll be no DD or SO coming from it and there'll be no online transactions either

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Turbohymac

Under the bed I'd say..and well away from the banks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 419 ✭✭Mort5000

Have you had a look at these?

Regular saving

Lump sum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Steer55

Raisin bank. .97% is prob the best deposit rate right now. Your capital is EU protected up to €100,000. Other than that, it's the ten year An Post solidarity bond or you can take a flutter on the prize bonds.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Make It Real

Pretty good listing of best buys here:

https://www.askaboutmoney.com/threads/savings-best-buys.90481/

I think you're right to be a bit wary on some "exotic" options, particularly in times like we live in. Weight up what the difference in interest rate is going to be worth to you and see if it is worth the hassle and the risk.

I speak as someone who worrying time when there was the run on the not-very-exotic Northern Rock during the last crash.

Advertisement