Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Covid19 €350 Payment backdated

• 12-05-2020 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hello everyone,

Before the country went into lockdown I had started a new job.

I was only working 3 days before the lockdown was imposed.

I lost my job as a direct result of Covid19 however I didn't apply for the €350 payment as my employer hadnt registered me as working for him.

He has since done that and im now wondering if I can backdate the payment?

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭PhilDawn

Moved to State Benefits

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

PhilDawn wrote: »

Have you applied for the covid payment? I assume you have. No. The matter of backdating will be considered when you close your claim when you’ve found a new job.

splinter65 wrote: »
    Have you applied for the covid payment? I assume you have. No. The matter of backdating will be considered when you close your claim when you’ve found a new job.

Hi

No I didn't apply. I was only working with my employer for 3 days. He hadn't registered me with the revenue.

He said he will entered the date I started and finished work with him online to show that I was working with him directly up until the Friday when we all lost our jobs.

In theory I should be eligible and hopefully be able to backdate the payment as I did lose my job directly as a result of Covid19.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭wifey28

Hi

No I didn't apply. I was only working with my employer for 3 days. He hadn't registered me with the revenue.

He said he will entered the date I started and finished work with him online to show that I was working with him directly up until the Friday when we all lost our jobs.

In theory I should be eligible and hopefully be able to backdate the payment as I did lose my job directly as a result of Covid19.

As far as im aware it cant be backdated before you actually apply for it. And even then theres no info currently on if itll be backdated or jsut paid as is for the few weeks its needed

• Advertisement

Hi

In order to be eligible you needed to have been in paid employment on March 13. If you were and you lost your job because of Covid then you will get it.
    But you’d better hurry up and apply because there’s no backdating and the whole issue of backdating will only be looked at when you close your claim and go back to work.

In order to be eligible you needed to have been in paid employment on March 13. If you were and you lost your job because of Covid then you will get it.
    But you’d better hurry up and apply because there’s no backdating and the whole issue of backdating will only be looked at when you close your claim and go back to work.

Thank you dude

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭misstearheus

I think it's Dudess actually?!?:D But that just a guess on my part I could be wrong too. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

Is this info from Social Welfare ? Any link?

Thanks

Ogham wrote: »
    Is this info from Social Welfare ? Any link?

Thanks

If you ring your local SW office then this is the only information available to them. This is because no decision has been made yet as to wether it’s actually going to be backdated at all. The current position is that if it is to be backdated, it will happen when the claimant closes the claim. That’s if it happens.

• Advertisement
Advertisement