Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ban from Galway City forum

Options
  • 12-05-2020 12:00pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭

Been excessively banned from the Galway thread for challenging a mod. was asked a direct question by a poster from a conversation. A topic the mod was on the opposite view point to. I provided a link and more information on the topic became available over night. I highlighted this information and that it’s been widely discussed across local media and radio station.

The mods on the Galway form seem to be showing very little consistency, closing/moving threads without explanation, deleting comments, refusing to enable with posters when PM’d only allow discussion on topics if it’s only in line with their POV.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Have you discussed your situation with the banning mod(s)? That is the first step before we escalate it to CMod level.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

mike_ie wrote: »
    Have you discussed your situation with the banning mod(s)? That is the first step before we escalate it to CMod level.

I tried to engaged in meaningful conversation but was just abruptly told to appeal here

How long does it process take? Been over two days......

How long does it process take? Been over two days......

Actually, on closer read it took me quite a few minutes to figure out what you are actually contesting.

I presume you are contesting your one week ban from the Galway City forum, in the Region category, yes, and not a threadban (which I can't find any evidence of, and wouldn't be suitable for DRP either way)?

If you can confirm, I'll update your thread and let the Regional CMods know.

Actually, on closer read it took me quite a few minutes to figure out what you are actually contesting.

I presume you are contesting your one week ban from the Galway City forum, in the Region category, yes, and not a threadban (which I can't find any evidence of, and wouldn't be suitable for DRP either way)?

If you can confirm, I'll update your thread and let the Regional CMods know.

Yes, one week ban from Galway forum, the moderator wasn’t very helpful & I am not familiar with this process

• Advertisement

Okay - I just made the CMods aware.

Okay - I just made the CMods aware.

Thanks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Hi I cant see any reason to overturn this ban. You have a particular style of posting that rubs people up the wrong way - this is evident from the reported posts from the forum and the number of mod actions already taken against you. Whether your argument is right or wrong or the mods have a different view is neither here nor there - you just need to moderate how you post and not ignore mod instructions.

Gaspode wrote: »
    Hi I cant see any reason to overturn this ban. You have a particular style of posting that rubs people up the wrong way - this is evident from the reported posts from the forum and the number of mod actions already taken against you. Whether your argument is right or wrong or the mods have a different view is neither here nor there - you just need to moderate how you post and not ignore mod instructions.

Rather than the content of my posts it the style of my posts is the problem?

Past mod actions are taking into consideration, surely an action in the past is in the past and has no bearing on future actions.

I replied to a comment with the following
    “Someone will be asking for a link for this or it might be seen as a rumour”

I replied to a comment with the following
    “Someone will be asking for a link for this or it might be seen as a rumour”

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

OP is permanently sitebanned so moving this to the archive

• Advertisement
Advertisement