Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watch repair in city centre?

Options
  • 12-05-2020 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Is there anywhere to get a watch repaired in cork city.

Both my watches are broken. Pain in the ass.

Help !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

what type of watch is it? an manual/automatic or a battery operated quartz watch?
    I'm asking because if it's worth fixing (like a quality automatic) then somewhere like Keanes will take it in and have it repaired. If it's a Casio or Timex etc..then just replace it, it will be cheaper than a repair.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭sparkledrum

Liam lynch jewellers in market parade, entrance next to here's health on Patrick st. Really good and reasonably priced

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Tara4

what type of watch is it? an manual/automatic or a battery operated quartz watch?
    I'm asking because if it's worth fixing (like a quality automatic) then somewhere like Keanes will take it in and have it repaired. If it's a Casio or Timex etc..then just replace it, it will be cheaper than a repair.
    Thanks.

Are Keane's open ? According to their Google My Business listing they're closed. However they're still running google PPC ads. So I'll ring them a little later on.

It's a boss analog watch. The crown has detached.

It only cost 160€ so I'm not looking to spend too much on the repair.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Tara4

Liam lynch jewellers in market parade, entrance next to here's health on Patrick st. Really good and reasonably priced

Yeah I really like lynch jewellers. Are they open ?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Roger the cabin boy

Don't bother with Keane's.

They just bung it in an envelope and mail it to the manufacturer, charging you for it.

You can do this yourself for nothing. (Omega is an example here).

For proper, local watchmaking talent, have a look at Stokes on McCurtain st.

I have had a good experience there with the full services of my watches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

If they are nice watches, I'd use Michael Forde in Oliver Plunket street. Old school watch repairer reasonably priced and repairs on the premises.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭blindsider

If you can't get it repaired, or it's un-economical, head over to https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1175

for some advice :-) Very helpful people there.

Watchshop.com have 25% off some watches at the moment, but their Ladies selection is a bit disappointing - full of fashion brands, with Citizen being the only(?) exception.

(The fashion watches are cheap watches, assembled quickly, re-badged and sold by the label.)

Advertisement