Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sheep Clippers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

Up Donegal wrote: »

Someone I know bought one off clippers ireland and thinks their products are good. They use it for dagging factory lambs etc. Also heard a few people saying if you spend a bit more, the cordless versions are handy to be able to carry around on a quad with you and shear a struck sheep in the middle of a field, if needs be. Some also comment that fatigue might be an issue if your doing bigger numbers, as they can be bulky to handle. All depends on how much you want to spend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Someone I know bought one off clippers ireland and thinks their products are good. They use it for dagging factory lambs etc. Also heard a few people saying if you spend a bit more, the cordless versions are handy to be able to carry around on a quad with you and shear a struck sheep in the middle of a field, if needs be. Some also comment that fatigue might be an issue if your doing bigger numbers, as they can be bulky to handle. All depends on how much you want to spend.

We have a battery one and I wouldn't like to shear with it,the battery makes it awkward and heavy.
    Be alright for a single sheep

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭farawaygrass

Up Donegal wrote: »
    I got the battery one of clippers Ireland this year. Used it for dagging and found it super, half it done in no time compared hand Daggers

I got the battery one of clippers Ireland this year. Used it for dagging and found it super, half it done in no time compared hand Daggers

yea, great for dagging.

wrangler wrote: »
    We have a battery one and I wouldn't like to shear with it,the battery makes it awkward and heavy.
    Be alright for a single sheep

Would the corded ones be any better or just the same ?

• Advertisement

Would the corded ones be any better or just the same ?

The handpiece looks smaller and shorter so should be handier, The shaft of my conventional shears used to get some fair wallops, how a flex could tolerate that'd be another problem
    The clippers I have is supposed to do 2800rpm ,same as my conventional shaft driven shearing machine but, for some reason, the battery clippers isn't in the same league as the old shears for shearing.It just wouldn't be as sweet, even apart from the bulk of it

The handpiece looks smaller and shorter so should be handier, The shaft of my conventional shears used to get some fair wallops, how a flex could tolerate that'd be another problem
    The clippers I have is supposed to do 2800rpm ,same as my conventional shaft driven shearing machine but, for some reason, the battery clippers isn't in the same league as the old shears for shearing.It just wouldn't be as sweet, even apart from the bulk of it

The hang up machines seems to last a life time, but they'd be in a different price bracket to these clippers. You have a old 2 speed lister or something like that when you were shearing ?

The hang up machines seems to last a life time, but they'd be in a different price bracket to these clippers. You have a old 2 speed lister or something like that when you were shearing ?

Three speed sunbeam, sold it two years ago, handpiece wasn't that old, motor was forty at least

Three speed sunbeam, sold it two years ago, handpiece wasn't that old, motor was forty at least

She gave you great service so

Advertisement