Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Short term enterprise allowance

Options
  • 12-05-2020 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

Has anyone experience of this? I took redundancy in December, and so was not eligible to apply due a few weeks. As soon as this time elapsed, I applied for STEA. While my application was being processed, I was put on job seekers benefit. This was meant as a, cushion when starting up a new business (which, if it ever gets off the ground, involves entering other business premises), which I had planned to start trading in late feb/early March, once approved due the stea. I was advised by the department not to register the business with revenue until the business was approved for these deasp supports, but I due register the business name with the cro in Feb. By the time the lockdown took hold, my application still had not been processed, and my business had not been registered. As a result of this, I am considered to be unemployed, in receipt of jsb, and therefore not entitled to the pandemic supports. The stea payments were only intended as a cushion, I was supposed to be earning for the last 2 months but cannot be. The deasp don't want to hear about it. Is anyone else in a similar situation? Any advice? Thanks guys

Advertisement