Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

need some help

• 12-05-2020 3:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭

I've been outside the country since about December 2017. I only returned recently because of the covid 19 epidemic.

Im not sure if i qualify for unemployment benefit now that Im home.

I wrang homeless services yesterday and they said i could be put in homeless accommodation because of this.

Can someone tell me what I can do?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

I've been outside the country since about December 2017. I only returned recently because of the covid 19 epidemic.

Im not sure if i qualify for unemployment benefit now that Im home.

I wrang homeless services yesterday and they said i could be put in homeless accommodation because of this.

Can someone tell me what I can do?

What advice did homeless services give you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Elite Woad Raider

They told me to go to the homeless place in dublin and fill out some form and explain where I was for the last couple of years

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

They told me to go to the homeless place in dublin and fill out some form and explain where I was for the last couple of years

Have you no one you can stay with?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Elite Woad Raider

im staying at a friends now but theyre on benefits so i cant apply from here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 150 ✭✭lughildanach

im staying at a friends now but theyre on benefits so i cant apply from here

Just because they are on benefits doesn't mean you can't apply. They might lose additional payments because you are living there, eg. living alone allowance, but this only applies in certain circumstances, so its possible that they won't lose anything, or worst case scenario, you could offer to replace whatever is lost. Living Alone Allowance is only 14 euro per week.

Of course, the person you are staying with may not be comfortable with you signing on from their place, but hopefully you can persuade them. There might be other issues around tenancy conditions if they are worried about landlord or council, but social welfare no longer ask for confirmation from landlord.

If you are Irish and are returning for good, and are looking for full-time work, you can apply for Jobseekers Allowance. It is means tested, so if you have some income or capital it will impact on the payment, but limits are quite generous.

• Advertisement
Advertisement