Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Secure Watch Activating When Turned Off

Options
  • 12-05-2020 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've got a 6 year old HKC alarm that has started activating even when the alarm is turned off.

For example today I was sitting in the house and the alarm had not been set, the alarm activated and I needed to go enter my code to stop the sounder.

The display on the panel said "Line Fault - Tamper - T8 Back Door" but the back door was actually open and as I mentioned the alarm hadn't even been set. This has happened on a number of occasions now with the back door seeming to be involved each time. Even when somebody closes the back door it can sometimes trigger the alarm.

Anybody have any ideas on what might be causing this and how to fix it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

Tim76 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I've got a 6 year old HKC alarm that has started activating even when the alarm is turned off.

For example today I was sitting in the house and the alarm had not been set, the alarm activated and I needed to go enter my code to stop the sounder.

The display on the panel said "Line Fault - Tamper - T8 Back Door" but the back door was actually open and as I mentioned the alarm hadn't even been set. This has happened on a number of occasions now with the back door seeming to be involved each time. Even when somebody closes the back door it can sometimes trigger the alarm.

Anybody have any ideas on what might be causing this and how to fix it?

The lid on the sensor is what the tamper covers.
    Could be loose, id try tightening the lid and see if that stops the tamper activating.
    Line fault is relating to the line going to the dialer on the system be that phone line or GSM line.

Advertisement