Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Customer Service

Options
  • 12-05-2020 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭

I'm having major issues with Eir at present. It's taking weeks to port a number. Some kind of technical issues. How could it take several weeks to post a number??

The customer services are a disgrace. That's if you can actually get through to them over the phone.....

Anyone had any joy with ComReg in regards to Eir.....can they force Eir to fix an issue? Are there any repercussions for the lack of customer service? How are they getting away with this for so long.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

comreg have gotton people out of their contract without penalty when tech support has failed.

you could go down that route of writing a formal complaint to Eir, and then asking comreg to get you released from your contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭paddy19

comreg have gotton people out of their contract without penalty when tech support has failed.

you could go down that route of writing a formal complaint to Eir, and then asking comreg to get you released from your contract.

The email address to use with Eir is ccm@eir.ie.

Feck all will probably happen but then you can get ComReg
    involved after 14 calendar days.

No guarantee that ComReg will be able to get Eir to fix it
    but you will save yourself a lot grief taking this route.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭shenanagans

Thank for replies.

Don't want out of my contract. Just want my number back. How they can take weeks to port a number onto a Sim is beyond me.

Have made complaint to Eir and ComReg. Just wondering once ComReg get involved (after the 14 days), how soon can I expect some progress?

Lost phone and just want my number back.... The stress of dealing with this very incompetent company!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

if enough people change provider, Eir will situp and take notice. If enough people do nothing, nothing will change.

I'd suggest changing provider to a competitor, is the strongest statement you can make.

If you don't feel that is warranted at this tie, fair enough.

if enough people change provider, Eir will situp and take notice. If enough people do nothing, nothing will change.

I'd suggest changing provider to a competitor, is the strongest statement you can make.

I'd love to change. But I want my number back first. They need to reactivate my number before I can take it to another provider.

Also they provide the best broadband in my area. So won't transfer BB but definitely would move mobile.

Unfortunately Eir BB is often the best available. They know people won't change provider.

I can't believe ComReg hasn't taken action. The customer care has been a shambles for years.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I'd love to change. But I want my number back first. They need to reactivate my number before I can take it to another provider.

Also they provide the best broadband in my area. So won't transfer BB but definitely would move mobile.

Unfortunately Eir BB is often the best available. They know people won't change provider.

I can't believe ComReg hasn't taken action. The customer care has been a shambles for years.

The other providers use the same line as Eir, apart from Virgin. I get the same BB speed with Pure and none of the hassle.

whiterebel wrote: »
    The other providers use the same line as Eir, apart from Virgin. I get the same BB speed with Pure and none of the hassle.

Eir brought fibre line into the house. Vodafone couldn't supply it. All neighbours with fibre are also with Eir.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

Eir just don't care

Eir brought fibre line into the house. Vodafone couldn't supply it. All neighbours with fibre are also with Eir.

All mine are VF SIRO

• Registered Users Posts: 2,939 ✭✭✭bmc58

Eir just don't care

Was thinking of giving Eir a go as the deals they are offering on TV/Broadband/Sports are pretty good.But having had a look at reviews of people on several sites turned me right off them.

• Advertisement

bmc58 wrote: »
    Was thinking of giving Eir a go as the deals they are offering on TV/Broadband/Sports are pretty good.But having had a look at reviews of people on several sites turned me right off them.

Avoid. If anything goes wrong it's weeks of phone calls and hassle.

After weeks ComReg could act on my complaint yesterday and I finally got a response from Eir today. But it took the regulator to give them a kick up the ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Can you not port to a new sim online?

You can with three. Takes about 30min.

Darc19 wrote: »
    Can you not port to a new sim online?

You can with three. Takes about 30min.

Eir can't do anything in 30 mins. They're a disaster of a company.

Their customer service is truly horrendous.

I can't understand why ComReg haven't taken serious action with Eir. There has been constant complaints for years.

Eir can't do anything in 30 mins. They're a disaster of a company.

Their customer service is truly horrendous.

I can't understand why ComReg haven't taken serious action with Eir. There has been constant complaints for years.

You and many many people all over Ireland wondering the same,how this inept shower are still in business is way beyond me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,939 ✭✭✭bmc58

Avoid. If anything goes wrong it's weeks of phone calls and hassle.

After weeks ComReg could act on my complaint yesterday and I finally got a response from Eir today. But it took the regulator to give them a kick up the ass.

That,s what I read from pis*ed off and frustrated people .

Advertisement