Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tony Hawks 1 & 2 Remastered!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

ERG89 wrote: »
    https://opencritic.com/game/9440/tony-hawks-pro-skater-1-2

Reviews are out and it seems to be warmly recieved so far. The proof will be when more players get it in their hands but it doesn't look like a turkey anyway.

I would have paid 60 for this, 45 quid is a bonus.

Pre-ordered the Digital Deluxe on Epic Store yesterday and cannot wait to get stuck in. The amount of content to keep you going is unreal.
    Played these games to death back in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Is it only on Epic store?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Is it only on Epic store?

Yeah Epic Store exclusive. So a year or more probably before a steam release.

Really spoils it for me. Not inclined to give Epic my money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

10/10. Awesome game so far.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Retr0gamer wrote: »

I’ve no problem with Epic games - have bought plenty from them - but making a rare decision to go with PS4 version for this. The PS controller is second nature for me with THPS, so it just seems right to reignite the muscle memory (even if the DS4 can be used with the PC). 60 FPS makes it a no brainer.

Can pick up the PC version on sale in the future for posterity.

I’ve no problem with Epic games - have bought plenty from them - but making a rare decision to go with PS4 version for this. The PS controller is second nature for me with THPS, so it just seems right to reignite the muscle memory (even if the DS4 can be used with the PC). 60 FPS makes it a no brainer.

Can pick up the PC version on sale in the future for posterity.

I read a lot of people using the d pad like the old days. I think it will be weird not using analogue bit can understand the pin point accuracy you need to keep high scoring combos going. Can't wait to try out and see what's best.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Cop on, who cares where it goes, you are also giving Activision you're money. I don't get you people, as if these companies like Steam care about you. :pac:

Also I might get this tomorrow, where is best?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Cop on, who cares where it goes, you are also giving Activision you're money. I don't get you people, as if these companies like Steam care about you. :pac:

Also I might get this tomorrow, where is best?

It's more I can't be added using another store frontend than anything. I've enough games that I could wait but tempted by this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I think I still have a €10 voucher for Epic, might be a go in that case must check

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,195 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Who cares about reviews?? There's only one question that needs to be answered.........

Does it have the original soundtrack songs? :O

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Who cares about reviews?? There's only one question that needs to be answered.........

Does it have the original soundtrack songs? :O

****ing yes it does. Also ability to quickly disable songs you don't like.

https://www.vg247.com/2020/07/29/tony-hawks-pro-skater-1-2-remastered-soundtrack-official/

ONLY disappointing thing is the online has no private lobby so no inviting friends online which is a bit **** but devs said they are working on bringing more multiplayer features this autumn.

https://twitter.com/VvisionsStudio/status/1301570551920693251?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

This is really, really good! Waited up last night for my pre-order to unlock and then gave it a good hour run through. Was up at 8am playing it this morning. Stupid work getting in the way now. First time round it was my junior cert, now it's work. I just wanna skate man.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭McFly85

Played a bit this morning before work, every bit as good as I remember it. Only played the warehouse and the school but they’ve managed to nail the feeling of old Tony Hawk games, just pure fun. Can’t wait to get some of the lads around for a bit of split screen skating!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Played just a little bit so far, but would echo the previous comments, it's really good. Just feels right. Haven't played a Tony Hawk game since THUG 1 but felt right at home here once the skating started. And I didn't even play the first two games so I can only imagine the nostalgia for those who did.

Getting ahead of myself as this has only launched, but down the line I hope they remaster 3 & 4 in the same way aswell, I put some serious hours into those.

Well this is ****ing brilliant. The feel, sound, graphics, they absolutely nailed it. I was a bit worried when i saw the videos of the high scores in the millions but my first run in warehouse got like 16k. As familiar as it all is, my combos definitely need work. Can't recommend enough.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

My fingers have already developed calluses after a few hours of play.

It’s THPS, but prettier. That’s all it needs to be. It is perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Cdemess

Microsoft gave me a €30 voucher today boom

I've the weekend to mull this one over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,195 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Stuck this into the PS today and decided to have a quick game........

2 hours later I was still trying to get the "Sick Score" in the Warehouse!

Memories!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Anyone know what the "V" icon is that you can collect on each level? I'm guessing you unlock something if you get them all, but not sure what that would be and it's not listed on the goals in each level.

They’re Vicarious Visions logos, they unlock a few little bonuses but nothing substantial apparently (Reddit).

There’s another new collectible too...
    little squishable aliens dotted around the levels. They seem much harder to find than the big glowing Vs!

Have nearly wrapped up THPS2, I played that game a lot as a kid but surprised how little I remember Philadelphia - must have really hated that when I was younger :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I see they got Jack Black to play Officer Dick in this version.

Played a good few hours of this yesterday. Cleared 100% of the THPS2 level goals - definitely felt a lot easier to do than back in the day with the extra tools, with the score goals almost trivially easy. Indeed, scoring in general seems far easier than before thanks to revert, manual and wall plant being added where once they weren’t - managed to rack up a 1.6 million combo in Warehouse using them!

Easier though it may be, I’m absolutely loving it. I’ve been waiting for a while for one of the games to be easily accessible on modern machines, and this has absolutely hit the spot. Was initially uncertain about how different some of the levels look with the new visual design / lighting, but I’m on board now: Venice Beach in particular now feels like a truer, more atmospheric attempt at what Neversoft were generally aiming for. The extra clarity in general does make the levels make a lot more sense - far clearer where some of the nooks and crannies in the school levels are, for example.

Anyone try online multiplayer with friends? I read you couldn't but i see the option to invite friends to a party.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

I wish you could turn the timer off. :/

Some great tips on this reddit post. Some on loading screens but some are new to me like the instant turn around.

https://www.reddit.com/r/THPS/comments/in4v19/things_the_game_doesnt_tell_you_about_movement/
    You can change your manual, lip trick, and grind while performing the trick with double button combos, e.g., Square square / square circle / triangle circle / triangle triangle and so on. This excludes the ollie button obviously. (Note: Didn't realize was in loading screen, but hopefully this will help those who didn't catch it.)

You can double tap square, triangle, and circle to get secondary moves. Ever look at your tricks menu and wonder what the second trick is after the forward slash? That's the move your character does when you double tap a button. For example, hitting up and circle does a Nosegrap. Hitting up and double tapping circle changes the trick to a Rocket Air. This applies to all grinds, flips, and grabs. (Note: Didn't realize was in loading screen, but hopefully this will help those who didn't catch it.)

Having a full SPECIAL meter makes you faster and jump higher. The best example of this being needed is the roof gap in downtown. With full SPECIAL meter it becomes much easier to ollie roof to roof. (Note: I missed that they said this during the SPECIAL tutorial. I've seen a lot of people having problems with gaps and things though since they didn't know this, so hopefully it still helps someone.)

You can go higher and further during a transfer with a late ollie. Most notably this is great for getting on the railing above the half pipe in the Skatepark. Making sure your special is full, holding forward going up a ramp and waiting until your transfer starts and jumping in air as opposed to at the top of a ramp gives you a considerable boost to height and distance.

You can ollie higher with a no comply or boneless. Tapping up and ollie at the same time will cause your character to do a No Comply. Double tapping up then ollie will cause your character to do a boneless. The later with a slight increase in height over the former.

Take away stat points. Can't get enough height or speed? You can take stat points away from anything else at any time, even preset stats, and use the stat points to boost other things. Also, maybe there is something that you are trying to do that may be too hard because your stats are too high (Perfect Balance gap at School). Take speed stats away, or anything else for that matter, and make things easier for yourself. (Note: Applies only to CAS, not PROs, though you can still take away stats from PROs for stats you already spent and reassign them elsewhere).

R2 isn't just for transferring. Sometimes holding forward up a ramp is just too much when you are trying to get on top of something small and you end up overshooting it. Holding R2 instead will take you out of the ramp right at the lip and even your character out.

Doing tricks in a switch stance gives you a 20% increase in score. If you have the stat maxed out, try staying in a switch stance for higher combos.

You can turn on a dime. Miss something and trying to turn around but you keep hitting things with your wide turns? Double tapping down and hitting R1 will make your character instantly head the other direction. Credit /u/Coolscientist1 .

You can ollie directly into a wall and ollie off of it, switching directions immediately. In the middle of a grind combo and the railing ends directly into a wall? You can keep the combo going and reverse directions by ollieing directly into the wall and hitting X again right when you are about to smash your face into it to wallplant off and turn yourself around. Credit /u/Astroman129 .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Is anyone else having issues with the game making the PS Pro fan go mental, I know some games in the past have ran a bit loud but nothing compared to this.

• Advertisement

Xenji wrote: »
    Is anyone else having issues with the game making the PS Pro fan go mental, I know some games in the past have ran a bit loud but nothing compared to this.

Yupp, fecking jet engine but not as bad as nba 2k20 for me, still on the loud side though.

Advertisement