Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tony Hawks 1 & 2 Remastered!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Free skate single session gives a leaderboard when you finish, seems to be global rather than friends though.

Cool, was just looking there and pity you can't see one in Tours.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well I bought it. Remember kids gamers are shallow hypocrites.

Won't get to it until tomorrow if I can drag myself away from Hollow Knight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Well I bought it. Remember kids gamers are shallow hypocrites.

Won't get to it until tomorrow if I can drag myself away from Hollow Knight.

Oh you are right, you should see the Reddit that buried THPSHD and THPS5 for the stuff thats gotten a pass in this "masterpiece" haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭solidasarock

I haven't played THPS since American Wasteland but I am impressed how much muscle memory is still in the fingers.

Its a fun little collection. Maybe a bit easy. I blasted through the THPS1 levels and 100%'d that tour in about 2 hours but I guess that is just how these games where.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Saying people pirate because a game is on a different storefront is an excuse. That's like saying I'm not buying Avengers because it's in HMV not Gamestop so I'll steal it.

Really bad analogy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Parabellum9

Forgot how much I hate Downhill Jam :D Impossible to get any sort of a decent run going. Nice touch I noticed though is that the stats can be reassigned on the go (don't think that was possible in the originals?), been using it to get to some of the secret tape areas that need a bit more air and speed than normal.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,454 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Finished the create-a-skater challenges, collected all the ‘V’ logos and unlocked
    the alien as well
    . Without a shadow of a doubt the hardest thing is getting into the secret area in Skate Heaven. Requires very, very specific boneless timing within a timed window. Only bit so far that has taken a fair bit of time to get down properly. The V logo in Skate Park is a bit of a pain too but is doable once you find the very specific rail you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

just got playing it last night and absolutely loving it. 5 hours flew by and definitely feeling it in the fingers today :'(

Are ye using d pad or analogue? I'm using dpad myself, haven't giving the analogue much of a try but this seems a rare game that d pad is best? Anyone having much success with analogue?

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Are ye using d pad or analogue? I'm using dpad myself, haven't giving the analogue much of a try but this seems a rare game that d pad is best? Anyone having much success with analogue?

Yeah I'm using analog sticks since I started it and no issues, if anything I think it makes the lip/manual/rail balancing easier than using the d-pad.

Just figured out the flatland tricks as well (double tapping triangle during a manual does pogo etc). Watched a guy last night getting nearly 500k out of a set of those on their own, there is no way in hell he was doing it without the mods because each transition makes the balance line faster and harder to control.

• Advertisement

Forgot how much I hate Downhill Jam :D Impossible to get any sort of a decent run going. Nice touch I noticed though is that the stats can be reassigned on the go (don't think that was possible in the originals?), been using it to get to some of the secret tape areas that need a bit more air and speed than normal.

I don't mind that for lines, I'd say about %50 of the games levels though suck, Venice, Buquist and Area 51 place are abysmal imo, terrible for doing lines in.

I still think THPS3 should of been included with this pack.

Also how to I unlock Skater Heaven and the Heli Drop level, I need to get the last 2 aliens.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Zero-Cool wrote: »

I tried analogue but it felt too weird. probably cos I replayed 1 & 2 last year on a modded PS classic. Using the D-pad is probably why my fingers are killing me though lol

I tried analogue but it felt too weird. probably cos I replayed 1 & 2 last year on a modded PS classic. Using the D-pad is probably why my fingers are killing me though lol

I tried analogue again on a run today and it was chaotic, straight back to dpad.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,454 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Also how to I unlock Skater Heaven and the Heli Drop level, I need to get the last 2 aliens.
    All gold medals in THPS2 for Chopper Drop, all level goals completed in THPS2 for Skate Heaven.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Is there any other unlockables apart from Skater Heaven and Heli Drop? I'm not too familiar with the games other than beating the normal levels.

DaveyDave wrote: »
    Is there any other unlockables apart from Skater Heaven and Heli Drop? I'm not too familiar with the games other than beating the normal levels.

There are two unlockable skaters as well. Officer Dick you unlock by finishing the create-a-skater challenges - not a spoiler as the game tells you that in that description :p The other
    involves finding all the little green alien plushies hidden around the game. Look up the locations online without hesitation as they’re very well hidden :)

All gold medals in THPS2 for Chopper Drop, all level goals completed in THPS2 for Skate Heaven.

I got my answer after %100 the game last night haha. It's a shame it's only 1 and 2 as I flew through them. No Daisy or Spider-Man, shame Sony couldn't let them do Spidey. Would of been class.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I got my answer after %100 the game last night haha. It's a shame it's only 1 and 2 as I flew through them. No Daisy or Spider-Man, shame Sony couldn't let them do Spidey. Would of been class.

Imagine the uproar if Spidey had been a PS exclusive...

Penn wrote: »

But he is, I got a message on PS4 saying I unlocked Spidey

gjK5ROM.png

Penn wrote: »

Buy a PS4 then :P It's better haha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

1 & 2 100%. Fun while it lasted!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

2GB update there... Anybody know what for?

2GB update there... Anybody know what for?

I'm on ps4, still on 1.04 update from Friday.

Hopefully fixes the the broken achievements.

%100 careers last night, no interest in unlocking all the skaters boards etc, they look awful imo. Nyjah and Leticia have great looking decks, most of the others are bland and awful. Dunno what to do now... Damn. :/

How do you unlock Jack Black? Might do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭CR 7

One benefit to me being really bad at the game is that it’s providing me with much more playing time! I used to play on PC back in the day and got to 100% fairly easily from what I remember. Could just be that I’m getting old too...

Despite that, it’s still just as much fun as I remember it!

%100 careers last night, no interest in unlocking all the skaters boards etc, they look awful imo. Nyjah and Leticia have great looking decks, most of the others are bland and awful. Dunno what to do now... Damn. :/

How do you unlock Jack Black? Might do that.

Think he’s unlocked by completing the CAS challenge set

I got 100% on both tours last night, absolutely loved it and was gonna go for the platinum but that looks like a serious GRIND :pac:

Don't think I can stomach all those challenges, not sure whether to trade while still has some value or see if updates add anything or if a break is just needed before hitting the challenges.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Have got 100% on both tours and completed the CAS challenge set to unlock Officer Dick. Only come across one of the other little unlockables throughout the whole playthrough, so I'll need to have a google if I want to get that unlock! Still not sure what the Vicarious Visions logos unlock, haven't got them all yet though.

Thoroughly enjoyed it though, just a blast go play, even if it's just to throw on and skate for a half hour. Have only done a bit of multiplayer so far but it was all with randoms, not sure if they've got a party option for friends?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

As regards collecting all of the VV logos you only get a
    logo and a new board

Advertisement