Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Tenant In Shared House

Options
  • 12-05-2020 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

I share a house with 5 others. One of them has returned to his family home for the moment so his room is empty. He now wants to have a new 'tenant' move in while he is away. He says the landlord has no problem with this. I am wondering if the emergency legislation prohibits this or not?

If it makes any difference, the five of us have a joint-lease with the landlord. This new person will not be a new tenant per se. I understand that she and the full-time tenant are preceding on the basis of an informal sub-letting agreement.

I have a medical condition so that is why I am concerned about this. There is also no negotiating with the existing tenant unless I can show that there is a legal barrier to his actions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

New person would have to self isolate for 14 days and not leave the room....

I wouldn't be allowing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 st09992

New person would have to self isolate for 14 days and not leave the room.....

I think there is an awful lot of confusion about what requirements are set out by law and what the government is advising (e.g. cocooning advice). I'm not sure where you getting the rule that they would 'have' to self-isolate for any period from. Could you provide a source?

Advertisement