Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pickaxe

Options
  • 13-05-2020 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭

Dear all,

Any of you remember the price in Woodies for pickaxe? I found online in one of gardening centres going for 33 euro including delivery (Draper's). Would it be good price or waaay to much?? Any thoughts?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Use homebase.co.uk as a big chain price benchmark or wait until woodies are open and the website is expanded again next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭eusap

i bought one in B&Q for €30 this year

Thats about right i think
    I bought this one last year online.
    https://www.lenehans.ie/blackspur-bb-hm105-pick-axe-with-fibreglass-shaft-5lb.html

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭asgaard

eusap wrote: »
    i bought one in B&Q for €30 this year

Was it company make or noname?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭rje66

asgaard wrote: »
    Dear all,

Any of you remember the price in Woodies for pickaxe? I found online in one of gardening centres going for 33 euro including delivery (Draper's). Would it be good price or waaay to much?? Any thoughts?

Thanks

What ever u get dont get one with a plastic type handle. Just curious what type of work have u lined up for it??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Plastic? Do you mean fibreglass? That's the type to get I think. Never broke one, or seen a broken one.

rje66 wrote: »
    What ever u get dont get one with a plastic type handle. Just curious what type of work have u lined up for it??
    typical job, just dig out some soil mixed with stones.

Plastic? Do you mean fibreglass? That's the type to get I think. Never broke one, or seen a broken one.
    Would it be lighter than the wood stick?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭rje66

The one I had just got more and more bendy. So when in ground you pull to loosen soil and handle just bends. Wouldn't use one again.i use all these types of tools on a daily basis and nothing worse than a tool that under performs and makes a hard job even harder.....

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭eusap

it was Verve Power grip 3.2kg Pickaxe with Fibreglass handle

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,486 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

a pickaxe with performance anxiety. there's a new one.

a pickaxe with performance anxiety. there's a new one.

It says more about the users technique :P

Advertisement