Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

garden costing advice please

Options
  • 13-05-2020 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

hi, i have a small back garden , measuring roughly 10 x 10 meters. Im looking for it to get a make over , i would be getting shed moved to bottom..some trellis put up, some paving ...path , few trees and new lawn put down an some raised bedding, i dont mind what materials , be it ceramic tiles, crazy paving, wood plastic...brick but i do want a nice design.
    so, my question is , im looking for a very rough idea of costing, im intouch with a landscaper and he is asking what my budget is, ive drawn up a plan of my design so he has a good idea what im looking for? but what should i say my budget is, would €2000 be realistic ...or would he laugh at me ??
    castlebar, mayo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Summer2020

It’s the hard landscape that will cost you. You’re looking at 5k minimum I would say.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭con747

I got 20sq metres of paving put down for €650 last year, it was reclaimed but perfect condition and I did help with some of the work. You should tell the landscaper you have a small enough budget and let him come back with a few options before just throwing out a big number at him. And try get a few quotes to compare. The cheapest may not always be the best but it gives you bargaining power over the rest.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 kirb78

Thanks for that. Do landscapers source reclaimed stuff....i guess its hard to know that.
    thanks again for advice.
    Elaine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭con747

kirb78 wrote: »
    Thanks for that. Do landscapers source reclaimed stuff....i guess its hard to know that.
    thanks again for advice.
    Elaine.

I got mine on Done Deal, but you will find most stuff on the sale platforms and Facebook if you have a look. Check the price of tree's and other plants on a site like https://www.thegardenshop.ie/ and https://hedging.ie/ for prices.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

Advertisement