Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SCAT ID

• 13-05-2020 10:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭

Every few days something goes to the toilet in the same spot and I'm not sure what it is so if anyone could assist. This was this mornings deposit!

https://ibb.co/m5Gq6Kp

Largest piece is approx 2cm

Critters in and around my garden include a pheasant (which i havent heard in a few days, lots of cats in the area so he might be dead). Rats, nearby sheep feeding station seems to attract them. I'm also near small lakes and a wooded area. I havent noticed any hedgehogs here ever. I suspect rats but I'm not certain as the shape doesnt look quite right from what i've seen online.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

pawrick wrote: »
    Every few days something goes to the toilet in the same spot and I'm not sure what it is so if anyone could assist. This was this mornings deposit!

https://ibb.co/m5Gq6Kp

Largest piece is approx 2cm

Critters in and around my garden include a pheasant (which i havent heard in a few days, lots of cats in the area so he might be dead). Rats, nearby sheep feeding station seems to attract them. I'm also near small lakes and a wooded area. I havent noticed any hedgehogs here ever. I suspect rats but I'm not certain as the shape doesnt look quite right from what i've seen online.

It's highly unlikely that a cat would be able to harm a grown pheasant. Doesn't look like bird poo, cat poo, rabbit poo, rat poo or hedgehog poo. I'd say sheep as well, but there isn't "enough", so I'm not sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Tiercel Dave

I'd be thinking Rats!.....

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

No, wrong shape.

69c78348b3584a22a4bcd0cb0c122e0e.ashx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Tiercel Dave

New Home wrote: »
    No, wrong shape.

Depending on what they are eating Rats have a wide variety of 'Poo Shapes'.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭pawrick

It's not sheep, we have them around but I'd have seen them in the garden and it's not similar enough. Cats nope, used to them also and would recognise it. Rats is the most obvious to me but I wanted a second opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Thread needs somebody who really knows their sh1t.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

like this guy ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭pawrick

So i guess I'll get a trail cam (been meaning to get one a long time) as I'm still not 100% certain, tied between a rat or a squirrel at this stage given the size of the droppings.

pawrick wrote: »
    So i guess I'll get a trail cam (been meaning to get one a long time) .

great investment, you wouldn't regret it

• Advertisement
Advertisement