Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What Slave1 got next

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,881 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Kramer wrote: »
    He, understandably, won't say until it's VRT'd :).

UK purchase price has zero bearing on the OMSP in Ireland. Unless it is a very rare / exotic car like a classic Ferrari. So also zero bearing on the amount of VRT due.

But I can understand the OP prefers to be cautious. And when you are appealing whatever amount of VRT you paid, you might as well fight them with all you got. Worked for me :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

So, fluting around with the frunk this morning, it's a bit dodgy opening it via the remote, does not seem to fully unlatch (sounds like two latches) so that's a knack I need to master.
    Found the blue plug for the UMC which I did not know existed, if it's a 32amp version then I could hook up to a golf cart charger and gain ~7.4kw/hr charge (with clubs permission of course), probably ~130kms range gain when otherwise be just sitting the the parking lot

If it's sitting there for 4 hours, sure why not. I plug mine into the 23kW* charging points if I am going to be somewhere for a couple of hours. In fact, most of my charging has been for free since I got the car (and do very little driving these days)

* they are 22kW officially, but I guess that is based on 230V. Whenever I plug in, I typically see the car report the connection is 240V or so, and the car reports taking 23kW (240 * 3 phase * 32A)

unkel wrote: »
    If it's sitting there for 4 hours, sure why not. I plug mine into the 23kW* charging points if I am going to be somewhere for a couple of hours. In fact, most of my charging has been for free since I got the car (and do very little driving these days)

* they are 22kW officially, but I guess that is based on 230V. Whenever I plug in, I typically see the car report the connection is 240V or so, and the car reports taking 23kW (240 * 3 phase * 32A)

I hooked up to a 22 charger yesterday evening and it ramped right up after a few minutes to 108kms gain per hr, didn't really pay any attention to any stats, went off on walk and came back to 161km extra range

slave1 wrote: »
    I hooked up to a 22 charger yesterday evening and it ramped right up after a few minutes to 108kms gain per hr, didn't really pay any attention to any stats, went off on walk and came back to 161km extra range

Please don't switch to this Tesla crap of kms gain per hour

It's almost as bad as their car prices that have deducted future fuel cost savings

Proper units please, kW for charging speed, kWh for energy units. Not this Tesla nonsense :p

Well I'm only interested in the bottom line and for me that's range

Range depends on a lot of circumstances. Whereas kWh is an absolute measure!

• Moderators Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Well I'm only interested in the bottom line and for me that's range

Unfollows thread

#1 feature of the car for me is the enormous torque, instantly available :)

ebay UK and Ireland, lad from London selling one at the minute

That just sold for the equivalent of over €300 incl shipping. Not my idea of a cheap adapter. If anyone sees one for <€100 let me know. Otherwise I won't bother :D

• Advertisement

That just sold for the equivalent of over €300 incl shipping. Not my idea of a cheap adapter. If anyone sees one for <€100 let me know. Otherwise I won't bother :D

Yeah, that was way too much for what it is

And from today's charge on the way home, 23kW 239v from the word go and no tapering off by the time I stopped charging at 85%

AC doesn't taper until very late (don't think I've tried going past a similar percentage myself). Good to see you also got 23kW (because of a fairly high grid voltage)

Where was this?

So. How does it drive? You've had it two days. Give us an update, man!

Slow charger in Athlone, being honest I haven’t driven it too much apart from pickup from Eirtrans, working so little time. I really want to clean it more than drive it at the minute.
    Of what I have driven, AP is smooth, overtaking on motorway works perfect, acceleration instant of course and I like the funky American “gear” stalk. Sound via Spotify and Tunein is excellent but will try out some flac files over the weekend. Need to purchase many storage accessories but they have to be tasteful. Glad I went for 19s and Air Suspension, smooth as butter.
    But tomorrow if the weather plays ball it will be degrease, detar, deiron, degrease, wash and wax.

You go clean your car tomorrow. I'll go drive mine. Whatever floats our boats :pac:

I don't even really know what detar or deiron means. Do you want to come over and wash mine? :p

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,976 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

You go clean your car tomorrow. I'll go drive mine. Whatever floats our boats :pac:

I don't even really know what detar or deiron means. Do you want to come over and wash mine? :p

Next time Your going away, I’ll decontaminate your paint and polish it. I live close to the airport so I’d have you there in 10 mins. Then I’ll mind your baby for the week while you get free “airport” parking :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Gumbo wrote: »
    Next time Your going away, I’ll decontaminate your paint and polish it. I live close to the airport so I’d have you there in 10 mins. Then I’ll mind your baby for the week while you get free “airport” parking :)

That’s a good idea (not the cleaning/polishing, feck that I’m cleaning no ones car (unless of course they go for the optional €20 quick clean option)).

For €50 per week, I’ll mind anyone’s Tesla, drop & collect you to/from the airport (15 minutes away), and you’ll get your car back with 80%-100% battery (Whatever you require). And as a fellow Tesla owner, you know your car’s not going to get horsed around while your away (unless of course it’s got ludicrous mode). :D

That’s a good idea (not the cleaning/polishing, feck that I’m cleaning no ones car (unless of course they go for the optional €20 quick clean option)).

For €50 per week, I’ll mind anyone’s Tesla, drop & collect you to/from the airport (15 minutes away), and you’ll get your car back with 80%-100% battery (Whatever you require). And as a fellow Tesla owner, you know your car’s not going to get horsed around while your away (unless of course it’s got ludicrous mode). :D

I even just thought I’d a catchy name for this venture....

TeslaPark - For Owners, By Owners

• Advertisement

Deal. As long as you promise you drive it at least as hard as you drive your own cars :D

Any Cork flyers I'll offer this exact service too! Though just to be sure, when we say "mind", we mean enjoy, yes?

Any Cork flyers I'll offer this exact service too! Though just to be sure, when we say "mind", we mean enjoy, yes?

You do know you can put a speed limiter on the App and if the car is driven past this speed you get a notification, need car setup with PIN to drive to enable this feature...

My car is limited to 213km/h GPS speed. Not that fast. So work away if you want :D

You do know you can put a speed limiter on the App and if the car is driven past this speed you get a notification, need car setup with PIN to drive to enable this feature...

I wouldn't be as brash as to mess with someones car like that. To me, the ability to "test own" and S would be all I want.

Just joshing with ya, I put it on yesterday for the craic when wifey went in to do the shopping, few minutes later I got an alert the car had exceeded 140kms/hr!!!!

• Advertisement

Just joshing with ya, I put it on yesterday for the craic when wifey went in to do the shopping, few minutes later I got an alert the car had exceeded 140kms/hr!!!!

Her reaction:
    Oh I didn't even notice! It's just so smooth to drive, you barely notice the speed.

Reality... metal-head Ace of spades blaring on the sound system!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,351 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Her reaction:
    Oh I didn't even notice! It's just so smooth to drive, you barely notice the speed.

Reality... metal-head Ace of spades blaring on the sound system!
    You can also change the media from the app.:D

Well, a weekend to deep clean and now some decent outside shots...no filtering on the photos, just fresh clean and changing sun/shade as I moved around the car

IMG-20200524-162545-1.jpg

IMG-20200524-162558-1.jpg

IMG-20200524-164130-1.jpg

IMG-20200524-164145-1.jpg

IMG-20200524-162608-1.jpg

IMG-20200524-162629-1.jpg

Love the 2 bev shot at the end!

Well happy with bodywork, not a dent or ding anywhere, some scratches around the rear but nothing driving me crazy, one bit of lacquer peel but just coin sized, just the one chip mark on the bonnet, really surprised by that.

• Advertisement

ELM327 wrote: »
    Love the 2 bev shot at the end!

Gonna get a sticker for the Leaf "when I grow up I'm gonna be a Tesla"

...kidding

Gonna get a sticker for the Leaf "when I grow up I'm gonna be a Tesla"

...kidding

More like "When I grow up i'm gonna be a battery wall"

Just off the phone to Sandyford, ordering the inevitable CCS upgrade, get them to look at sticking frunk and also rattle from what looks like a speaker grill at bottom of glass on the inside of the rear boot.
    Hopefully all a ranger jobbie

Tesla needs a sticker...
    “My other car is a Leaf” :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Image of Leaf when is saw the Tesla drive in :

LSv8NYqBDT0kCrwYvGwAYrLG8dluTvSU-NIub7wwWmm2At3lP_7Xp8mxE2RlLFmdaim3jgSLK9MtssrMVU61-KL7T0GOZ0lAK4CqwDUIjtFZlMzFQQAT4xcxyAh_67DMJvvIeAkwCm1juDakUzXE5A

I know you don't have to get it serviced but come on...

IMG-20200527-114942-1.jpg

Haha, where did you get the filter and how much did it set you back? Mine look like new, I'd say Tesla replaced them when I got the car. But I will of course replace them myself when due. Probably in about 2 years time or so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Kramer

I know you don't have to get it serviced but come on...

IMG-20200527-114942-1.jpg

Is this spot the difference?
    If it is, I'll be honest - I'm not seeing it.

Perhaps I should go for a 30 mile drive to a ruined castle to test my eyesight?

:D

Got it from Amazon warehouse £6.16, the intake is massive and I’ll be replacing every year for comfort.
    @kramer, not sure you joshing, top filter about 16months old, bottom one new

Oh, as well as PIN to drive I made a Faraday box last night, old wooden box, lined with doublesided tape and then aluminum foil and layer of soft packing polywhatsitcalled stuff so no noisey noise when taking it out in the morning. Went right up to the Tesla and not a budge out of her so job done!

• Advertisement

I bought my Faraday cage. About €14 from Amazon :D

I really do not want this car to be stolen, I never before bothered about any of this, keys always in the hall. But even if the insurer would pay me out the full insured value, it would be unlikely I will be able to buy another one just like mine from it. You never know what happens, but I'd say this car will be with me for the long haul.

So had to go into work today but at least that meant a decent spin in the car.
    Distance travelled was 52.4kms and I lost 52kms off the "typical" range and energy consumption was 188 Wh/km. Roads are twisty, hilly and a mixture of 80/100 speed limits. Air Con on always. Cruise control worked, AP did not as narrow roads with no hard shoulders, just typical country road grasses/hedges etc.
    I must work out my percentage charge next time I charge up and then use that to infer battery size, all estimates I know but still, would be nice to have an idea.

So had to go into work today but at least that meant a decent spin in the car.
    Distance travelled was 52.4kms and I lost 52kms off the "typical" range and energy consumption was 188 Wh/km. Roads are twisty, hilly and a mixture of 80/100 speed limits. Air Con on always. Cruise control worked, AP did not as narrow roads with no hard shoulders, just typical country road grasses/hedges etc.
    I must work out my percentage charge next time I charge up and then use that to infer battery size, all estimates I know but still, would be nice to have an idea.

Is the Tesla battery % linear? I always felt like the ioniq battery % went quicker when below 40%. The displayed % vs the BMS % is certainly different

I do not know but I'd imagine I start charging at say 50%, take 27.5kw and end up at 75% (assume 10% efficiency loss) then that would crudely imply a 100kWh battery for example

I do not know but I'd imagine I start charging at say 50%, take 27.5kw and end up at 75% (assume 10% efficiency loss) then that would crudely imply a 100kWh battery for example

Does the Tesla give an accurate indicator of what charge has been consumed by the battery (to exclude losses to heat etc)?

Is the Tesla battery % linear? I always felt like the ioniq battery % went quicker when below 40%. The displayed % vs the BMS % is certainly different
    It seems linear for me anyway.
    The ioniq most certainly is not.

Does the Tesla give an accurate indicator of what charge has been consumed by the battery (to exclude losses to heat etc)?
    It seems to, except energy used outside of driving (ie vampire drain, or if you activate AC/climate with the app). I was concerned I was seeing only 62-65kWh usable but it turns out running a 12kW AC PTC setup a few times consumes energy too. And it's not included.

Just in, exact same trip, opposite direction, AC and working harder as much warmer, 167 Wh/km

Just in, exact same trip, opposite direction, AC and working harder as much warmer, 167 Wh/km

77.5kWh usable on the Model S 85, so with that average and no degradation you'd have a range of 464km :)

I've averaged around the 20kWh / 100km mark, more on motorway trips but I've also had trips around Dublin, not on motorways, where I've done as low as 14kWh / 100km not with a light foot either, just slow city speeds

I get roughly 400km range or 300km at motorway speeds (127-128km/h GPS speed), so that's what I'm using as a GOM: 3-4km per percentage point

• Advertisement

77.5kWh usable on the Model S 85, so with that average and no degradation you'd have a range of 464km :)

I've averaged around the 20kWh / 100km mark, more on motorway trips but I've also had trips around Dublin, not on motorways, where I've done as low as 14kWh / 100km not with a light foot either, just slow city speeds

I get roughly 400km range or 300km at motorway speeds (127-128km/h GPS speed), so that's what I'm using as a GOM: 3-4km per percentage point
    Similar to myself there.
    It was lower (ie 2.7-3.6) in winter but these days in these temps I could hit 450km quite easily.

Advertisement