If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cambridge Audio CXN V2

Options
  • 13-05-2020 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I am looking at replacing a Denon Network Media Player and I am seriously looking at this model. What are you own opinions/recommendations and more importantly what will it cost with delivery to Dublin?

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

rednik wrote: »
    Hi All,

I am looking at replacing a Denon Network Media Player and I am seriously looking at this model. What are you own opinions/recommendations and more importantly what will it cost with delivery to Dublin?

Thanks
    Hi rednik,

The Cambridge CXN V2 is probably one of the best streamers in that price range on the market. They sound absolutely incredible and the level of detail and control they add is stunning.

I currently have an offer on this unit in sterling and can offer the CXN V2 in Lunar Grey for £699 plus £6.99 shipping to Dublin!

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

Cheers David, would you be able to get me the brushed black unit?

Hi Rednik,

Unfortunately the black versions have been discontinued and they are only available in Lunar Grey.

Kind regards

David

Hi Rednik,

Unfortunately the black versions have been discontinued and they are only available in Lunar Grey.

Kind regards

David
    Thanks again David, any reviews I have read on the CXN have all been very positive but being realistic I am looking for a black unit. I am not in any rush and will check out other options. 

Hi Rednik,

Kind regards

David
    Thanks again David, any reviews I have read on the CXN have all been very positive but being realistic I am looking for a black unit. I am not in any rush and will check out other options. 
    No problem, let me know if you have your eye on any!

• Advertisement

:D
    Hi Rednik,

Kind regards

David
    There are not many in it's class so at the moment I am looking for a really good permanent black marker :D. It ticks everything I need including all the connections although I am looking at the next model up.

Hi Rednik,

Kind regards

David
    There are not many in it's class so at the moment I am looking for a really good permanent black marker :D. It ticks everything I need including all the connections although I am looking at the next model up.
    Hey Rednik.

When you say next model up do you mean the 851N?

The 851N comes in at 1599.99 Euro and is in a Black finish.
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201268-cambridge-audio-azur-851n-black-black-network-music-player.aspx

Kenny.

Hi Rednik,

Kind regards

David
    Hey Rednik.

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201268-cambridge-audio-azur-851n-black-black-network-music-player.aspx

Kenny.
    That's the one Kenny, I was looking at both models and ideally the CXN is the model of choice especially price wise. Colour is an issue and I am looking at ways around this and checking other makes but so far none seem to get close to these two. 

Hi Rednik,

Kind regards

David
    Hey Rednik.

Kenny.
    That's the one Kenny, I was looking at both models and ideally the CXN is the model of choice especially price wise. Colour is an issue and I am looking at ways around this and checking other makes but so far none seem to get close to these two. 
    Hey Rednik.

Yeah, they do seem to be the ones to go for.
    The CXN is the more popular but I think this comes down to price.

We have sold several of the 851N's and had great reports back from the customers.

If you could be tempted by the 851N I could offer one at £1140 or 1345 Euro :)

Kenny.

Hi Rednik,

Kind regards

David
    Hey Rednik.

Kenny.
    Hey Rednik.

We have sold several of the 851N's and had great reports back from the customers.

Kenny.
    That's very tempting Kenny, let me mull it over the next few days and I will get back to you.

• Advertisement

Hi Rednik,

Kind regards

David
    Hey Rednik.

Kenny.
    Hey Rednik.

Kenny.
    That's very tempting Kenny, let me mull it over the next few days and I will get back to you.
    No rush Rednik.

Just drop me a post or PM when you have had a think.

Kenny.

Hi Rednik,

Kind regards

David
    Hey Rednik.

Kenny.
    Hey Rednik.

Kenny.
    Kenny, I have made up my mind after doing a bit of research, does your offer include delivery to Dublin?

Hi Rednik,

Kind regards

David
    Hey Rednik.

Kenny.
    Hey Rednik.

Kenny.
    Kenny, I have made up my mind after doing a bit of research, does your offer include delivery to Dublin?
    Good Afternoon Rednik.

Thanks for coming back to me.

Pricing would include delivery to you in Dublin :D

Kenny.

Hi Rednik,

Kind regards

David
    Hey Rednik.

Kenny.
    Hey Rednik.

Kenny.
    Good Afternoon Rednik.

Kenny.
    PM sent Kenny.

Hi Rednik,

Kind regards

David
    Hey Rednik.

Kenny.
    Hey Rednik.

Kenny.
    Good Afternoon Rednik.

Kenny.
    PM sent Kenny.
    Cheers Rednik.

I'll get back to it ASAP.

Kenny

Kenny, just in the door from work to find the 851N & the NorStone rack in the hallway, fair play again on a great service. With everything disconnected  I am going to take this chance to paint my HT room but will let you know how I get on once I have everything back up and running. Stay safe all at RS.

Kenny, just in the door from work to find the 851N & the NorStone rack in the hallway, fair play again on a great service. With everything disconnected  I am going to take this chance to paint my HT room but will let you know how I get on once I have everything back up and running. Stay safe all at RS.
    Hey Rednik.

Thanks for letting me know its has arrived :)

Please do let me know what you think once you are up and running.

Again thank you very much for the business.

Kenny.

Hey Rednik.

Kenny.
    Kenny,

I put all my kit back together late last week and started using the 851N on Friday. I created 2 inputs and profiles on my AVR for both digital and analogue and have found the sound to be excellent from both. The unit was very easy to connect and set up and the app is a very useful tool. One small issue, when I connected everything up I hardwired the internet and when trying to find radio channels over the internet all I got was server not found, I switched to wifi and it worked fine. I have since reconnected the ethernet cable and no issues. It really is a fantastic bit of gear and I have plenty of tweaking to do but very happy with the purchase.

49973528858_1604bd29f2.jpg

Hey Rednik.

Kenny.
    Kenny,

I put all my kit back together late last week and started using the 851N on Friday. I created 2 inputs and profiles on my AVR for both digital and analogue and have found the sound to be excellent from both. The unit was very easy to connect and set up and the app is a very useful tool. One small issue, when I connected everything up I hardwired the internet and when trying to find radio channels over the internet all I got was server not found, I switched to wifi and it worked fine. I have since reconnected the ethernet cable and no issues. It really is a fantastic bit of gear and I have plenty of tweaking to do but very happy with the purchase.

49973528858_1604bd29f2.jpg
    Hi Rednik,

Thanks for the post! The 851N really is a class leading bit of kit! Delighted to hear the issue has been solved and you're up and running!

Please do not hesitate to drop us a post if you need anything else!

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.