Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Greatest Song Sung By A Woman.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭aaronjennings

MTV Music is currently showing 'Ultimate 50 90s No 1s From The Girls'

I'm really glad I've already submitted my answers or it would have taken a lot longer

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,513 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Would a female & male duet be allowed?

I think I submitted two iirc

yep, duets are allowed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Niska

Enter my list there - limited to 10. I'm sure there'll be many a song over the next week I'll be thinking - should have entered that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭KaneToad

Just sent 10. Could have sent 100!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Sented :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,924 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I completely read this wrong and assumed it was bands or singers, back to the drawing board

KaneToad wrote: »
    Just sent 10. Could have sent 100!
    Same here. Hard to narrow it down. I left out some very well known songs that I assume someone else will choose, at least I hope they will.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭barney shamrock

Would a female & male duet be allowed?

Just nominate something by Sam Smith?

Just nominate something by Sam Smith?

:D

Well, Ive been a busy strawberry with my spreadsheet.

215 songs submitted so far. 19 of those songs have been submitted by 2-4 players.

As there are a lot of songs, would it be best if I create Spotify and Youtube playlists to make it easier to listen to songs over the 24hr period?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Revit Man

Just submitted 15.

And that was just sitting there for five minutes thinking about it, and i chopped and changed in that time. Could easily get 50 if i spent time at it!!

Thanks for all the PMs. I feel so popular :D

Gonna close off nominations at 6pm as there has been a great response. I’ll then randomise them all and get the first playlist ready on Spotify and YouTube for tomorrow morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

I threw in 15 nominations.
    I went for the very scientific method of looking through the list of my favourite albums of all time and selecting 15 songs.
    I fully expect that most of them will get knocked out fairly quickly!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭lassykk

I threw in a selection of Avril Lavigne, Paramore and Taylor Swift classics - I have undoubtedly picked the winner in my selection :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,513 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

lassykk wrote: »
    I threw in a selection of Avril Lavigne, Paramore and Taylor Swift classics - I have undoubtedly picked the winner in my selection :D

I was considering all three but went with different artists that will likely be swiftly voted out.

It's not me that's wrong of course, it's everyone else's terrible taste ;)

Sorry you are too late Lassy! This is the one you were looking for
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058075428
    :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

Definitely Willow's song in the soundtrack of the movie called The Wicker man.

The original movie not the one with Nicholas Cage.

The singer Rachel Verney has the voice for old folk songs, I love Scottish Folk music and the way Rachel sings that song it resonates the innermost thoughts of temptation,lust and desire...

It's a great movie too, can be bought on Amazon...

Willows song..by Magnet give it a whirl on Spotify actually the sound track is amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭bilbot79

Cos I'm your LAYDAAAAAYYYYYYY

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Necro wrote: »
    I was considering all three but went with different artists that will likely be swiftly voted out.

It's not me that's wrong of course, it's everyone else's terrible taste ;)

I considered all 3 artists too, but they just didn't make my final list.

I won a Karaoke competition once in Philadelphia singing Complicated, it's a song very near and dear to my heart. Paramore's Hard Times is on most of my playlists and never fails to cheer me up. And Tay Tay has a couple of classics, but the Goat Version of Trouble is definitely top of my list... :D

nthclare wrote: »
    Definitely Willow's song in the soundtrack of the movie called The Wicker man.

I approve of this one thousand per cent. Absolutely amazing song.

• Advertisement

I approve of this one thousand per cent. Absolutely amazing song.

Where I live in the Burren it's like the place in the movie, everyone is good looking, free from Christian Religion etc we don't do pagan rituals like in the Wickerman or have orgies lol

But we're very open minded and free from the hum drum of it all out there in the real world lol

Have you listened to the whole soundtrack ?

Susannah Hoffs is a great singer too, I love the Bangles, Susannah looks the bulb off my partner Rachel so I suppose I'm living the dream...

Rachel can't sing though :)

nthclare wrote: »
    Where I live in the Burren it's like the place in the movie, everyone is good looking, free from Christian Religion etc we don't do pagan rituals like in the Wickerman or have orgies lol

But we're very open minded and free from the hum drum of it all out there in the real world lol

Have you listened to the whole soundtrack ?

Yeah. I've had the soundtrack on CD since I was about 15 after I first saw the film. Some great songs on it.

Hope you send in some nominations to Stawberry Milkshake, as I've already used up my noms, and I may have overlooked The Wicker Man Soundtrack when making my decisions yesterday... ;)

Sorry you are too late Lassy! This is the one you were looking for
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058075428
    :P

I won't have a bad word spoken against any of them! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Avril Lavigne has some great songs. My brother dragged me along to see her in the Point years ago, a great evening was had.

Kolido wrote: »
    Avril Lavigne has some great songs. My brother dragged me along to see her in the Point years ago, a great evening was had.

An evening in close proximity to her is something I would have given anything for as a teenager ;)

If I wasn't married the above statement would still apply!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,444 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Got my nominations submitted. It was very tough to narrow it down to 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,007 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Gonna close off nominations at 6pm

Is 6.25pm OK? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,064 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

forgot paramore :(

but did put in kim cattrall carnes :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,064 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

yep, duets are allowed

should have thrown sarah brightman and andrea in so!

Advertisement