Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Greatest Song Sung By A Woman.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Revit Man

Any update on when the head to head knockouts hope to start?

To my shame, I nominated 15 songs, but didn't vote in the rounds. I just didn't have time to be doing it. With head to head, I'll either know the songs or give a quick listen to one and vote, dip in and out that way.

Revit Man wrote: »
    Any update on when the head to head knockouts hope to start?

To my shame, I nominated 15 songs, but didn't vote in the rounds. I just didn't have time to be doing it. With head to head, I'll either know the songs or give a quick listen to one and vote, dip in and out that way.

Head to heads next week. Keep an eye on this thread.

I plan on letting you all know in advance what songs have been eliminated so that you can submit a different YouTube version of any song you have left if the one that I had selected wasn’t good enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,212 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Only one song a good woman should be singing IMO

'Stand by your man' closely followed by ' She's a good hearted woman in love with a good timing man'

'Stand by your man' closely followed by ' She's a good hearted woman in love with a good timing man'

What badness were you up to at the weekend?

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Right - I'm way behind on voting it seems (blame the fine weather), but I'm at work on my own now, coffee in hand, so let's do this...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Pretzill

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I plan on letting you all know in advance what songs have been eliminated so that you can submit a different YouTube version of any song you have left if the one that I had selected wasn’t good enough.

Can we get a table at some stage of what songs scored from highest to lowest (even if its after the head-to-heads if you don't want to give away what the favourites are beforehand)?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I thought this tune would show up..

I should have picked it myself, but I thought someone else would do it. Alas :( it's like smelling a gas leak on the street.

noby wrote: »
    Right - I'm way behind on voting it seems (blame the fine weather), but I'm at work on my own now, coffee in hand, so let's do this...

Maybe it's the coffee talking, but that Group 7 is a strong set. I'm throwing round 20s like confetti.

Can we get a table at some stage of what songs scored from highest to lowest (even if its after the head-to-heads if you don't want to give away what the favourites are beforehand)?

Sure.

I plan to breakdown the songs eliminated into scored under X points, scored between X & Y.

I’ll reveal the most generous and stingiest judges. What judges have worn off the zero on their keyboards :D

I know what songs received most nominations. What artist had the most different songs nominated. All that stuff. Once all votes are in I’ll have the song that received the most 20s, 0s. What their average score was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,369 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Are ppl giving 20s as in they would like to see the song in the next round, but not a 20/20 song? Maybe a yay or nay would have been enough, though maybe not enough to create a separation

I think they’ve scored them 20 because they love the song

I know what songs received most nominations.

Will be interesting to see if the songs with most nominations get through to the knockout stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,240 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Loads of stats Strawbs, love it :D

Kolido wrote: »
    Are ppl giving 20s as in they would like to see the song in the next round, but not a 20/20 song? Maybe a yay or nay would have been enough, though maybe not enough to create a separation

For me, 20s have been songs I really love. I think I've only dished out about 15 or so in the first 10 rounds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I based my results a 5 star rating system and then multiplied by 4, so anything that got 5 (or 20) was a song I really love - think I gave out 77 twenty points. Anything I love is a 20/20 song as far as I'm concerned, as music is subjective. I'm not measuring everything against Stairway To Heaven (which is probably a good thing since I'd probably only give it a 3 aka. 12 points, because even though I know that musically its probably one of the greatest songs ever written, I just think it's fairly decent).

I also had over a hundred 0 points for songs that I'd be happy to never hear again in my life and therefore certainly don't want to see them in the next round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,474 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

I’ll reveal the most generous and stingiest judges. What judges have worn off the zero on their keyboards :D

Hmmm, I wonder who can be in the running for this?

giphy.gif

Yay done!

I don't think I'll end up as the stingiest scorer, I really enjoyed a lot of the entries but some of them I really didn't think deserved to be there - but I reckon half of my noms will probably be culled because I think there's such difference in musical taste overall - I won't take it personally :mad:

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,333 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Hmmm, I wonder who can be in the running for this?

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47761d0cb3fa81ffee1fbe245f7204e7c47107bc03&rid=giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,147 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

and i must apologise. every mariah carey song got a 0 from me. i just cant stand her!

still have a few more to go. will get 2, maybe 3, in this evening!

• Advertisement

and i must apologise. every mariah carey song got a 0 from me. i just cant stand her!
    No need to apologise for it. It's all personal opinion sure.
    There is a certain singer who is really popular atm but I just hate her voice and she got diddly squat from me every time she popped up in this contest.

And all but one of Madonna's got a zilch from me :D it's subjective but not a greatest song among her poppy repertoire for me :o

Pretzill wrote: »
    And all but one of Madonna's got a zilch from me :D it's subjective but not a greatest song among her poppy repertoire for me :o

and fecking tina turner!

No need to apologise for it. It's all personal opinion sure.
    There is a certain singer who is really popular atm but I just hate her voice and she got diddly squat from me every time she popped up in this contest.

love the conviction! diddly squat :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭aaronjennings

Is that part of Ned Flanders' exercise routine?

I didnt give any song a zero. Even if I didnt like it, I didnt think any song nominated deserved a zero.

I didnt give any song a zero. Even if I didnt like it, I didnt think any song nominated deserved a zero.

There are some 'songs' that I would happily have given minus points to.

Hey Strawbs, I was trying to PM you but your inbox is full :)

Thanks. Gimme 10 mins to clear

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Thanks. Gimme 10 mins to clear

I still have to send from part 8 onwards I think. Will try and get that done this eve, though I'm starting to lose the will to live with some of the entries

Advertisement