Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Greatest Song Sung By A Woman.

Options
1171819202123»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,670 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I really enjoyed listening to all 372 tracks over the last couple of weeks. Am going to make a playlist from all tracks I gave full marks to.

Am sorry I didn't nominate Marina Diamandis and Regina Spektor who I had on my list but excluded to get to the 15 I nominated. Alas no one else included them.

Most say I found myself being very underwhelmed by one artist who was in a number of times. Think she may have benefited largely from being the only game in town at her peak. I didn't see much musically or lyrically in her tracks.

Most say I found myself being very underwhelmed by one artist who was in a number of times. Think she may have benefited largely from being the only game in town at her peak. I didn't see much musically or lyrically in her tracks.

Madonna?

Very hit-and-miss imo. Had some great pop songs in the 80's but also lots of boring safe ones. She was never the best singer in the world, fairly limited range but had attitude and a ruthless work ethic that kept her going.

For me the late-90's Ray of Light era was her career peak. Her mid-noughties disco stuff was enjoyable enough but she's been fairly irrelevant for the past ten years or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Madonna?

Very hit-and-miss imo. Had some great pop songs in the 80's but also lots of boring safe ones. She was never the best singer in the world, fairly limited range but had attitude and a ruthless work ethic that kept her going.

For me the late-90's Ray of Light era was her career peak. Her mid-noughties disco stuff was enjoyable enough but she's been fairly irrelevant for the past ten years or so.

Does she even record anymore or just tour?
    Her stage show as well: getting a fan up on stage and groping or spanking them. Sticking her tongue down peoples throats.
    A bit like your sad, sex starved Auntie who is too fond of the gargle.

She still records, had an album out last year. Don't think any of her albums since Confessions on a Dancefloor (which was 15 years ago now!) have done particularly well with the critics though.

And if her rather awful performance at the 2019 Eurovision Song Contest is anything to go by, she's really not able to sing live anymore!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

She still records, had an album out last year. Don't think any of her albums since Confessions on a Dancefloor (which was 15 years ago now!) have done particularly well with the critics though.

And if her rather awful performance at the 2019 Eurovision Song Contest is anything to go by, she's really not able to sing live anymore!

I think Lady Gaga has gazumped her, even nicking some of her gimmicks along the way.

Plus Madge was one of the first performers to start charging BIG bucks for her live shows, I remember that peeing-off a lot of her fans at the time.

Advertisement