Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oven faulty under warranty - Argos not helping

Options
  • 13-05-2020 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭

Not sure if this is in the right place so mods please move if necessary.

Basically, we are having major issues with our oven. Nearly two weeks ago, the main oven part of our electric oven stopped heating. Light on, no heat. Assume the heating element is broken. Straight away we were on the phone to Argos who we bought the oven from less than a year ago. Automatic message on the telephone line informed us that Argos stores are closed and also they were no longer doing returns,repairs, or replacements because of the virus situation. I went on to the Argos support site and asked their live chat what to do. They recommended to contact the manufacturer. I then called oven manufacturer's Irish office who said they would send out someone to look at the oven and repair it and that they would call to schedule that.

Waited for four days and heard nothing. Called back the manufacturer again on Friday just gone. They said that we are on the list and that the repair man would come out this week. Tried Argos again. Their UK phone numbers. Oven manufacturers UK phone number. No-one could offer any help. Monday nothing, Tuesday nothing. Today I called the Irish manufacturer's number again. Was informed that their engineer is self-isolating now for two weeks and they would try get someone else to repair it "soon". I couldn't believe this and honestly did lose my temper a bit. Can't believe how much of a run around i've been given.

I've been without a functioning oven for two weeks now and could possibly be without for a further two weeks! An oven that is under a year old. We've been using the hob to cook dinner but there's only so long we should have to put up with that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Hi OP

you have your consumer rights and your warranty. separately.

your consumer rights are with argos. if they are closed you will have to accept that you may have to wait for irish operations to open before you can enforce your rights.

re warranty the engineer for manufacturer may have covid, that probably is more important that temporary loss of your oven! I think patience is going to be your immediate response.

it is any exceptional time. ability to respond and response time will be affected.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭whippet

these are not normal times unfortunately. It is a major inconvenience however Argos' hands are tied if they have been forced to close by legislation.

There is a service engineer booked in to get it resolved .. but again .. due to the times we are in .. just about everything is delay ... everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Tiredalways

Not sure if this is in the right place so mods please move if necessary.

Basically, we are having major issues with our oven. Nearly two weeks ago, the main oven part of our electric oven stopped heating. Light on, no heat. Assume the heating element is broken. Straight away we were on the phone to Argos who we bought the oven from less than a year ago. Automatic message on the telephone line informed us that Argos stores are closed and also they were no longer doing returns,repairs, or replacements because of the virus situation. I went on to the Argos support site and asked their live chat what to do. They recommended to contact the manufacturer. I then called oven manufacturer's Irish office who said they would send out someone to look at the oven and repair it and that they would call to schedule that.

Waited for four days and heard nothing. Called back the manufacturer again on Friday just gone. They said that we are on the list and that the repair man would come out this week. Tried Argos again. Their UK phone numbers. Oven manufacturers UK phone number. No-one could offer any help. Monday nothing, Tuesday nothing. Today I called the Irish manufacturer's number again. Was informed that their engineer is self-isolating now for two weeks and they would try get someone else to repair it "soon". I couldn't believe this and honestly did lose my temper a bit. Can't believe how much of a run around i've been given.

I've been without a functioning oven for two weeks now and could possibly be without for a further two weeks! An oven that is under a year old. We've been using the hob to cook dinner but there's only so long we should have to put up with that.
    Argos are reopening monday. Id be down to see the manager if i were you.

Advertisement