Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does this exist? Wireless monitoring camera system?

Options
  • 13-05-2020 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Okay .. I know this is probably a ridiculous question for someone in ‘the know’ but I’m lost googling and sick of listening to sales people jargon.

I’m looking for a camera that I can monitor an outside yard. It needs to be mounted on a shed In the yard.. There’s power available but no internet connection, but it’s close enough to the house to pick up the wifi signal.

I need to be able to look at the image on my phone from a remote location .. so say I’m 50 miles away , I want to view the yard on my phone.

Does this exist and if it does, where can I buy it and any recommendations??

Thanks so much !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

loads of options, depends on your budget
    Arlo Pro 2 for example

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Lovestolisten

Anything in around the €250,
    Do you download an app to your iPad / phone to view the image ?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,591 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Anything in around the €250,
    Do you download an app to your iPad / phone to view the image ?

Yes, this Nest

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Lovestolisten

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    loads of options, depends on your budget
    Arlo Pro 2 for example

I’ve been researching this system, well the Arlo Pro 3 .. wow .. really good. Seems to be spot on what I’m after but a tiny bit outside my budget ... well a lot outside it actually !! It’s about 700 .. I was hoping to spend a max of 350

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Google Nest, Logitech Circle, Yi Camera (like €60 for outdoor model), TP Link Kasa, Ring Cameras, Netatmo. Lots of options.

Two things to keep in mind. You typically need a really good, reliable and solid wifi connection. Many people find they need to go mesh wifi to get these working dependably.

Also need to think about if you want a subscription or not.

• Advertisement
Advertisement