Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mafia Trilogy

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,256 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Picked this up in Smyth's for €35. Looking forward to playing the original and the DLC for Mafia II. Maybe I'll give the third one another go, eventually...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Started playing Mafia 1 yesterday on Classic. Managed after about an hour of retries to win the infamous race. At the start thought I would never beat it but eventually was getting 3rd or 2nd close to the end. Couldn't tell you how many times I restarted, if I badly spun out, particularly near the start I would just reload.

It was such an adrenaline rush I was wrecked after it. Literally haven't been that much on edge playing a game since Dark Souls.

Bloody hard stuff, rest of the game should be a breeze! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Started playing Mafia 1 yesterday on Classic. Managed after about an hour of retries to win the infamous race. At the start thought I would never beat it but eventually was getting 3rd or 2nd close to the end. Couldn't tell you how many times I restarted, if I badly spun out, particularly near the start I would just reload.

It was such an adrenaline rush I was wrecked after it. Literally haven't been that much on edge playing a game since Dark Souls.

Bloody hard stuff, rest of the game should be a breeze! :-)

Can’t remember what button it is, I think maybe X. The button to nudge your car into others, use that as you’re turning, it makes that mission 10x easier!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Can’t remember what button it is, I think maybe X. The button to nudge your car into others, use that as you’re turning, it makes that mission 10x easier!

Yeah, that's the one. Only found that out by reading threads after I beat it. :rolleyes:

Another tips for people is that some have used the speed limiter to slow down into bends.

Advertisement