Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gerry Adams Maze Escape convictions quashed - time for quid pro quo?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,897 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

My point is SF still behave like a 'street corner gang' in mindset and not a true political party.

What's a true political party?

One that hands over power to a bunch of unelected religious nonces?

Truthvader wrote: »

Either you believe it is OK or understandable or whatever to kill and maim innocent people in pursuit of some agenda, injustice or cause or you don't.

And Gerry is of course innocent and pure like OJ Simpson, Christy Kinahan, and all the other smirking thugs who destroy the lives of others but run free.

No one is excusing it but if you lived for years, decades and you were treated like a 2nd class citizen just for being Catholic, can't get a decent job, Can't vote get a promotion, walk down a damn street ffs because you're Catholic, when you see your friends, your brothers, Father, Uncles etc all treated like scum it brings out the worst in People and sometimes People feel violence is the only way to get rights, having your small kids spat on like their dirt as they walk down the wrong street to School is bound to make your blood boil.

My Own Uncle when he went to London as a young man had to endure "no dogs, No blacks, No Irish" and he was subject to racism just for being Irish. He wasn't the only one.....

All this anti Irish talk is as a result of Irish Schools not teaching actual history and it's shameful, RTE demonising SF and the IRA for decades, Of course RTE wanted to portray Ireland as being more sympathetic to Protestants and the British, Pure treason. And to the Anti SF in our own Government.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Sorry...who claimed this?

John Hutton yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

No one is excusing it but if you lived for years, decades and you were treated like a 2nd class citizen just for being Catholic, can't get a decent job, Can't vote get a promotion, walk down a damn street ffs because you're Catholic, when you see your friends, your brothers, Father, Uncles etc all treated like scum it brings out the worst in People and sometimes People feel violence is the only way to get rights, having your small kids spat on like their dirt as they walk down the wrong street to School is bound to make your blood boil.

My Own Uncle when he went to London as a young man had to endure "no dogs, No blacks, No Irish" and he was subject to racism just for being Irish. He wasn't the only one.....

All this anti Irish talk is as a result of Irish Schools not teaching actual history and it's shameful, RTE demonising SF and the IRA for decades, Of course RTE wanted to portray Ireland as being more sympathetic to Protestants and the British, Pure treason. And to the Anti SF in our own Government.

Yep, throw a bomb into a crowded pub. Solves Everything Forver

• Registered Users Posts: 69,176 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

John Hutton yesterday

Where did he say he is pure?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,835 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Odhinn wrote: »
    No, you view anything Irish as "lesser". We read the post where you stated it, noted where you doubled down on it. You haven't a leg to stand on.

It was P.Pearse that said it first not me. A country without a language is not a country at all. And he was proven correct as well. Ireland may pretend to be free. But it has been culturally invaded by Britain. Changing a line on a map is a sham.
    It will not help.
    Republicanism in Ireland has failed, because it has to mainly attract the ignorant and working class.

You only have to look at Alan Ryan/Vincent Ryan from Donaghmeade Dublin.
    'Real IRA' fellas playing soldiers.
    In reality they were just street corner thugs gobdaws. Not very bright looking to be in a gang.

Many in SF still hold on to this mentality in working class Dublin for example. But thier wives/partners watch Eastenders/Coronation Street/Strictly. The lads themselves support British clubs and listen to British music. Reading British red tops. Most don't speak the Irish language. Oh ah up the ra? Seriously?

So who is codding who? If anyone is keeping thier culture down it these people.
    IRA/SF is just an outlet to find to be part of a gang.
    Let's call a spade a spade.
    It is the reason cannot quid pro quo with the Brits. Someone has to keep the 'Irish' gobdaws happy.

As for me thinking that anything Irish is lesser. That is not what I said at all.
    In fact when the covid19 thing is over you would only have drop in to Club CnaG in Harcourt street to see otherwise. Or view the Ros na Run thread on boards.ie until then. I didn't see the latest episodes don't ruin it.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

The mask is slipping I see, if it was ever on in the first place. :)

The mask is slipping I see, if it was ever on in the first place. :)
    I have already said this on other threads as you well know Francie so if the 'mask has slipped' you have not been paying attention.

I don't wear any mask. Nor balaclava. Although with the covid19 SF could make a packet.

You do not want to face the truth where 'working class republican' Dublin or the ROI 'southerners' have more in common with the British culturally than thier own country.

You are deluding yourself otherwise. You only have to ask any working class families what TV they watch, what papers they read, or what team thier husband/fella supports. Plus they are likely to have no Irish language and see it as pointless.

But yet these are the type of socio-demographic SF gets to vote for them - with the promise of cheap houses.
    If you cannot see that you are deluded or have your eyes shut.
    It is the real reason why there is no quid pro quo from SF.
    Communities need to be controlled and reputations must be upheld at all costs.

Sorry...who claimed this?

Plenty

Plenty

Still waiting for someone to show me a post where Gerry Adams was claimed as 'pure'.

If he isn't innocent then why is he not in jail? That is a statement of legal fact, like it or not.

• Advertisement

Yep, throw a bomb into a crowded pub. Solves Everything Forver

And as the British know, dropping bombs from planes and blowing civilians to bits doesn't solve everything for ever, but they still love to do it.

I have already said this on other threads as you well know Francie so if the 'mask has slipped' you have not been paying attention.

I don't wear any mask. Nor balaclava. Although with the covid19 SF could make a packet.

You do not want to face the truth where 'working class republican' Dublin or the ROI 'southerners' have more in common with the British culturally than thier own country.

You are deluding yourself otherwise. You only have to ask any working class families what TV they watch, what papers they read, or what team thier husband/fella supports. Plus they are likely to have no Irish language and see it as pointless.

But yet these are the type of socio-demographic SF gets to vote for them - with the promise of cheap houses.
    If you cannot see that you are deluded or have your eyes shut.
    It is the real reason why there is no quid pro quo from SF.
    Communities need to be controlled and reputations must be upheld at all costs.

Britain consumes huge amounts of American cultural output. What does this mean?

Nothing, if your cultural identity is strong enough.

SF do appeal to the working class, so what. Are they not entitled to representation?

In short you are having the usual derogatory cheap shots. Nothing more.

Still waiting for someone to show me a post where Gerry Adams was claimed as 'pure'.

If he isn't innocent then why is he not in jail? That is a statement of legal fact, like it or not.

It was implied by you I believe, in posts such as the one above.

You seem to have a bit of loose understanding of "the law" for someone so invested in republicanism.
    He was cleared because of the manner of his conviction internment without trial.
    Ergo this meant his escape attempt as a result of said conviction, was not criminal.

However there are many, many, republicans who have said that Gerry Adams was a member of the IRA. And it is well known he lead negotiations as head of the IRA with the Douglas Hurd representing the British in 1977 for example.

Which is odd considering Adams constant denials of membership. Maybe you can tell me the strategy since you are well up on his mindset?

gormdubhgorm is just trolling now, posting to get a reaction. Time to shut this down.

gormdubhgorm is just trolling now, posting to get a reaction. Time to shut this down.

I am not I am just saying it as I see it. I am not trying to be a mad lad or anything.
    Nobody has explained to me why the Adams result is a not an opportune moment for SF to show some human decency in the Cahill and Quinn cases for example?

It was implied by you I believe in posts such as the one above.
    Show me the post where I 'implied' Adams was 'pure'.

You seem to have a bit of loose understanding of "the law" for someone so invested in republicanism.
    He was cleared because of the manner of his conviction internment without trial.
    Ergo this meant his escape attempt as a result of said conviction, was not criminal.
    His internment was not lawful.
    However there are many, many, republicans who have said that Gerry Adams was a member of the IRA. And it is well known he lead negotiations as head of the IRA with the Douglas Hurd representing the British in 1977 for example.

Which is odd considering Adams constant denials of membership. Maybe you can tell me the strategy since you are well up on his mindset?

Why hasn't he been convicted on foot of this?
    He is innocent until convicted of a crime. Do you understand the law?
    I don't care what 'you think', stating that he is innocent is entirely correct and factual.

I am not I am just saying it as I see it. I am not trying to be a mad lad or anything.
    Nobody has explained to me why the Adams result is a not an opportune moment for SF to show some human decency in the Cahill and Quinn cases for example?

What is it you want them to do in these cases...invent a point of view that satisfies you?

The man alleged to have abused her has just as much right to defend himself as you or me. It is not his fault or SF's fault that his trial did not go ahead.

SF had nothing to do with Paul Quinn bar knowing the men involved.

Britain consumes huge amounts of American cultural output. What does this mean?

Nothing, if your cultural identity is strong enough.

SF do appeal to the working class, so what. Are they not entitled to representation?

In short you are having the usual derogatory cheap shots. Nothing more.

But England speaks thier own language they have thier own strong culture.
    Clearly, any country which looses it's language to a very small percentage of day-to-day usage does not have a strong culture.

How many other sovereign states in Europe can you think of that have almost lost thier language as a language of communication?

Plus, remains culturally inextricably tied to thier former colonial master?

I can honestly only think of one - Ireland.

Language is one part of culture.

Is invading other lands and committing genocide, and celebrating all that culture too?

What is it you want them to do in these cases...invent a point of view that satisfies you?

The man alleged to have abused her has just as much right to defend himself as you or me. It is not his fault or SF's fault that his trial did not go ahead.

SF had nothing to do with Paul Quinn bar knowing the men involved.

Come SF know who those involved were. Even if they do not want to bring him towards the courts. There has being no SF justice - punishment beating etc.
    None ended up like Denis Donaldson.

So when viewed in the prism of SF rules. SF have taken a very softly, softly approach. Why is that I wonder?

• Advertisement

But England speaks thier own language they have thier own strong culture.
    Clearly, any country which looses it's language to a very small percentage of day-to-day usage does not have a strong culture.

How many other sovereign states in Europe can you think of that have almost lost thier language as a language of communication?

Plus, remains culturally inextricably tied to thier former colonial master?

I can honestly only think of one - Ireland.

So Unionists will feel right at home when a UI happens so.

Sorry for being glib, but you are taking the proverbial now.

I'll tell you what, away down to one of these places you look down on, and campaign for them to rejoin the UK, convince them that they are culturally closer to the English because the English were here killing and oppressing them into the acceptance of their bountiful gifts until that fecker Pearse ruined it all.

Get back to us and tell us how you get on.

Come SF know who those involved were. Even if they do not want to bring him towards the courts. There has being no SF justice - punishment beating etc.
    None ended up like Denis Donaldson.

So when viewed in the prism of SF rules. SF have taken a very softly, softly approach. Why is that I wonder?

The Gardai, PSNI, The IMC and British Parliamentarians know who they are...so do I.

What can SF add to that?

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Language is one part of culture.

Is invading other lands and committing genocide, and celebrating all that culture too?

It has happened since time immemorial from the Romans, Vikings and so on.
    It is not celebrating culture. It is military conquest.

Brian Boru, did much the same to become High King of Ireland.

The Gardai, PSNI, The IMC and British Parliamentarians know who they are...so do I.

What can SF add to that?

They obviously have not given the 'OK' or there would be movement.

They obviously have not given the 'OK' or there would be movement.

OK for what?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭Odhinn

As for me thinking that anything Irish is lesser. That is not what I said at all.

Yep, thats what you said.

The British can be magnanimous to a lesser nation like Ireland
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=113449259&postcount=97
    and then just to clarify
    Yes, Ireland is a lesser nation than many others
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=113449494&postcount=105

So Unionists will feel right at home when a UI happens so.

Sorry for being glib, but you are taking the proverbial now.

I'll tell you what, away down to one of these places you look down on, and campaign for them to rejoin the UK, convince them that they are culturally closer to the English because the English were here killing and oppressing them into the acceptance of their bountiful gifts until that fecker Pearse ruined it all.

Get back to us and tell us how you get on.

Those working class areas in Dublin are already defacto part of British culture but they don't know any different.

I know one die-hard republican. Well up on his republicanism. Even has a dog called 'Provo'. (not making that up)

He would go on about the Premier League.
    I would ask why is he supporting an English team.

He would say sport is not the same as warfare!
    But I would think 1934 World Cup, 1936 Olympics, 1978 World Cup etc
    (no talking to him)

Odhinn wrote: »

I clarified it for you as well as Pearse agreed with me.

Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam

--

Ireland is definitely lesser because of that. More so than any military strength or how strong its football team is.
    That is just a fact.
    If we were not a lesser nation we would not be conversing in English now.
    It is why boards.ie only keeps a small corner of the site for the Irish language.

Those working class areas in Dublin are already defacto part of British culture but they don't know any different.

I know one die-hard republican. Well up on his republicanism. Even has a dog called 'Provo'. (not making that up)

He would go on about the Premier League.
    I would ask why is he supporting an English team.

He would say sport is not the same as warfare!
    But I would think 1934 World Cup, 1936 Olympics, 1978 World Cup etc
    (no talking to him)

I'm telling...if you believe it that passionately...get down there, start a 'Unite with The UK' party. Prove it!

• Advertisement

I'm telling...if you believe it that passionately...get down there, start a 'Unite with The UK' party. Prove it!

Don't have to. Culturally the working class in ROI have united with the UK years ago.
    No army required, no flags required. Their minds are Britain's.

Granted, there might be the odd 'head the ball' or two shouting 'up the ra' with a tricolour up. But really those sort just want to have some street cred, because they are lacking elsewhere.

They just want to be part of a gang, and then sit-down to say 'we' for xyz English team.
    As I said, they are not the brightest.
    Nor, do they have a sense of irony.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement