Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gerry Adams Maze Escape convictions quashed - time for quid pro quo?

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,835 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

It's the lockdown methinks... OP has gone off the wall, don't think he would have coped well with internment

I would more say it was the path I was led down methinks.
    It is all there for the mod to see as far as I am concerned.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

I think if People just stop feeding the troll he will get bored. I am disappointed with Boards.ie Mods.

If this was about LGBT the thread would be closed or the troll banned. Or is it LGBTI now ?

I reject being called a troll. I merely asked a question at the start ahould SF quid pro quo following the Adams vedict.

What I learnt was the following:

1) Republicanism is intransigent and are unwilling to make a real move forward as yet.

2) The British are blamed for causing any problems that Republicans cause to Republicans

3) Republicans see thier 'Irishness' merely as lines on a map, and not Irish culture

4) Republicans cannot even countenance anything good the British have done in history. But at the same time are immersed in British culture

5) To be a real republican you have to show how much you 'hate the Brits' as republicans have long forgotten thier Irish culture. It is thier only form of expression they know.

Ergo, following all of that it is clear to me that there is no 'quid pro quo' from republicans such as movement on the Quinn/Cahill issues / concessions to Unionism - following the Adams verdict.

As they are either not mature enough politically, or else they are playing another long game strategy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭jelutong

It looks as if you’re reduced to arguing with yourself. Keep up the good work.

jelutong wrote: »
    It looks as if you’re reduced to arguing with yourself. Keep up the good work.

I just summarized the thread I saw it. Unless I have missed something and you would like to point it out?

jelutong wrote: »
    I wouldn’t consider colonising 25% of the world “an achievement “.

Of course it was militarily. In 1920 the UK had a population of 42 million
    Around the same period the whole of the British Empire was 458 million people.
    That was the largest landmass of the world in history and feat considering the UK only had 42 million at the time.

https://www.businessinsider.com/the-10-greatest-empires-in-history-2011-9?r=US&IR=T#2-the-mongol-empire-was-the-largest-contiguous-empire-the-world-has-ever-seen-9

To put it in context the Mongol Empire was the only one which came close.

Plus many now independent countries are still using the British common law system of jurisprudence.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,577 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Closing this thread. Will have a look at some of the posts in the morning. Don't be surprised if sanctions follow

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement