Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAAC Electric Gate Control Board, Major QRM.

• 13-05-2020 4:38pm

I operate occasionally in my Mothers QTH and for some time now couldn't figure out what was causing so much noise that wasn't there before because I knew my Mother didn't have anything new in the house from when I was able to operate in silence.

Anyway, the other day I was so frustrated that I killed the power to the house and the noise was gone, next I switched on the breakers one by one until the noise came back which pointed to the shed and so I went out with my portable radio and went to the shed where the buzzing was at it's peak. So I figured it was coming from the box that houses the controller.

I opened the box and pulled the power and sure enough the noise disappeared.

So I got on to FAAC in Dublin who make the boards and he said contact the installer, he will arrange to have the newer board fitted which was an E-145 the new one is the E-145S, a few days, yesterday the installer replaced the board and the noise is now gone.

I was impressed, around 3 days, thanks to FAAC and Barrow Automation in Bagneastown In Carlow. The board was under warranty and no questions asked. Just came out and replaced it. FAAC ensured I got the new board.

Last year the old board was replaced and it never dawned on me because the old one was quiet so I didn't expect it was the new board but there you go.

The issue was the switch mode power supply, the new ones are made by Mean Well a high quality PSU manufacturer.

Advertisement