Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ignore List question

Options
  • 13-05-2020 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭

If you have a user on your Ignore List their posts are hidden as expected. The exception to this seems to be if they start a thread. in that case you can still see the OP but you cant see any of their replies to the thread. Is that by design?

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

I'm going to test this shortly but I am pretty sure that you will see the thread they start but when you open it, you don't see the first post. I'll check though and be back.

Just to note that the Ignore List unfortunately does not work on the touch site so if you are using touch, this is the issue.

On desktop, I briefly added you to my ignore list there and it does work as expected.

In forum view, I still see that there is a thread started by you:

512880.png

but when I open the thread, I can't see your post, just the subsequent post(s).

512881.png

• Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

thanks for checking this for me. i am on desktop but it wasnt working as it is for you when i opened a thread yesterday. Oddly it is working properly when i open the same thread today. apologies for taking up your time.

No worries at all, I'm glad to hear it is working as expected now. If it happens again, please send a screenshot to hello@boards.ie (unless you don't mind everyone seeing who you have on ignore :) )

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement